TYC or Dorman V6 electric fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
When I did mine I used 1A Auto as with the tow mirrors they had the best price at the time via their ebay store. It looks like the doorman, but the original box looked like something TYC would ship so they're probably the typical lowest bidder re-boxes for all of them. I moved my stock AC fan motor(I think its a Denso if I remember correctly) over to the new assembly as it looked like a much better fan motor and so far it's been working just fine. The biggest downside to the cheaper non OE fans is that the balance might not be perfect, but I was able to get mine to "good enough" so that it's not really noticeable outside of being a dead stop with the fan running.

https://www.1aauto.com/a-c-condenser-cooling-fan-assembly/i/1aacf00153?f=668289&y=2012

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Do either of these options require less amperage than the OEM 5.7L 2014+ A/C electric fans?

What about flow or operating decibel level, Better?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Do either of these options require less amperage than the OEM 5.7L 2014+ A/C electric fans?

What about flow or operating decibel level, Better?
'
A bigger fan blade that pulls less amps,means it's not turning anywhere near the same speed,or moving as much air. I'd be a little leary of anything that pulls less amps then the OEM e-fan.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Be a bit careful, I went with a cheap amazon fan and compared to OEM it's CRAP. Way out of balance, noisy, and the connector is in a goofy spot where you have to do some cable re-routing to get it working.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I vote neither, go oem from a junk yard if you absolutely have to do it.

I tried it and other than a cleaner engine bay, I didn't see any gain on a stock truck - no mpg, no everyday performance gain. Might be a slight advantage in a race, but I didn't see one in everyday driving.

I now have an oem V6 fan in the basement collecting dust.

WhiTri24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the TYC for 6 months now. Zero issues yet. nothing looks out of balanced, makes weird noises or anything.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I vote neither, go oem from a junk yard if you absolutely have to do it.

I tried it and other than a cleaner engine bay, I didn't see any gain on a stock truck - no mpg, no everyday performance gain. Might be a slight advantage in a race, but I didn't see one in everyday driving.

I now have an oem V6 fan in the basement collecting dust.
Want to sell it?

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would other than the shipping part, I really don't feel like doing that part :)

Are you coming near Pittsburgh any time in the future?

Fatboy57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went spectra, plug and play on my 13 and no extending the harness. Costed around 120ish. I heard of a few people having probs with the tyc over time, so I decided to try the spectra.

OP
OP
Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went spectra, plug and play on my 13 and no extending the harness. Costed around 120ish. I heard of a few people having probs with the tyc over time, so I decided to try the spectra.

where did you get the spectra?