Going from 3.21. To 4.10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about swapping out my gears. I have a 2014 Sport CC 2x4. I tow a 32 foot camper at least once a month and it weighs about 6,0000 when loaded. What kind of performance can I expect with this swap. Does anyone have any opinions on the G2 OE ring & pinion available from 4wheelparts?

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
The 4.10 is a lot lower you'll be amazed at the towing benifit. I don't know anything about the g2 kit but what might be a easy solution is going to a set of factory 3.92 it's not far from the 4.10 and I would think it would be easier to obtain and possibly cheeper. Just a thought.

whatroads

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 3.92
I've run G2's on Jeeps with no issue. That said, I agree with the suggestion of going with 3.92 for ease of installation and parts. W/ 3,92 I have plenty of power capacity for towing my 7K+ 31 ft travel trailer

I don't know for sure, I suspect if you had the heavy tow package you also get heavier rated springs. I have the heavy tow group and I don't seem to have the rear sag issue many experience when setting up their trailer. It does squat. Not objectionably though. My point, Get rear spring air bags

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
I just had the Air Lift 1000 w/Wireless One Controller System installed on my truck, along with some variable rate rear heavy duty coil springs (TTC-1223V) from TufTruck. I haven't towed with my truck yet, but the unloaded ride is every bit as nice as the stock ride quality at 5 psi in the bags. It obviously has more bounce as I increase the psi unloaded, but that's to be expected until I add the trailer weight. Oh, I did throw a set of Bilstein 4600 HD's on the back, too.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're going to leave the stock size tires on the truck, I think 4.10s would be a great option for towing.

I haven't heard of G2 gears, the only aftermarket gears I've never 'heard' after install were Yukon gears.

OP
OP
Miami1500

Miami1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've run G2's on Jeeps with no issue. That said, I agree with the suggestion of going with 3.92 for ease of installation and parts. W/ 3,92 I have plenty of power capacity for towing my 7K+ 31 ft travel trailer

I don't know for sure, I suspect if you had the heavy tow package you also get heavier rated springs. I have the heavy tow group and I don't seem to have the rear sag issue many experience when setting up their trailer. It does squat. Not objectionably though. My point, Get rear spring air bags

I have the factory 4 corner air suspension so sagging has not been a problem when I pull. I'm just looking for a better/less stressful pull for the truck. I think I will probably just go with the 3.92.

Fat Bottom girl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Longhorn Crew Cab Dually
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I went with the the 4:10 gears . But I never know what I might be towing, so I wanted the 30,000 lb tow rating for my dually