Trailer Brake Controller Plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I know there are a couple DIY threads on installing the OEM controller, but for some reason I couldn't seem to find the ones with really good pictures. I need to rig a brake controller in my truck for a couple days, and am borrowing one from someone.

Could someone shoot me a photo of which plug under the dash is the TBC plug please, because I am just going to use some blade connectors to plug it in.

Thanks

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Are you doing aftermarket or the integrated one? The place you plug the pig tail into is blue if I recall.
185a37fb.jpg
49326e93.jpg
f15a5e72.jpg
f875f9d1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
jlb

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I am familiar with that connection, but I am pretty sure in 10+ they put a different plug under the dash as I do not recall seeing the blue one you posted. That blue one has been used since 2nd gen ish if I recall.

I am planning on using a prodigy p2. I don't like the poor adjust-ability of the integrated controller.

Thanks for the reply, and awesome pictures though!!!

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yeah I think you have the square gray connector on the newer models. I was looking at them on etrailer.com and they are a lot different.

$miley

OP
OP
jlb

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I figured it out with a DMM, and got it all hooked up last night.

It kind of threw me for a loop though when I couldn't find the switched brake wire... Then I realized my ignition wasn't on, and in the 4th gens(?) no ignition on means no brake light apparently lol. Once I figured that out it was all smooth sailing.

Hey though, what is that five pin gray connector right next to your trailer brake plug?