85mm and daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reltserw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So far I'm working with an S&B and a Magnaflow 18" on my 12 Sport.. I usually drive around 80 miles a day with work. Would an 85mm throttle body be a good idea? Pros? Cons?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
First off, welcome to RamForum. Our 85mm throttle body will work well with your current mods. Do you have any plans to add a tuner or headers down the road? Aside from your daily commute to work, how else do you use the truck? Any "spirited" driving?

If you have any plans to add headers, then I would go straight to the 87mm throttle body as it will show better gains in the end. Otherwise, the 85mm is perfect. You can expect to see an increase in throttle response and about a 10-12hp gain in the mid-upper rpms. Many customers even see a slight increase in mileage on the highway.

OP
OP
R

reltserw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
THe only thing that I would add on down the road is a tuner. That would complete the mods. I want to try and keep the mods limited.

I just drive the truck to work and home, and occasionally beach trips on the weekends.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
In that case, the 85mm would be perfect for your truck. We have about 20 of these in stock right now, and all TB's ship same day.