Just placed my first mod order.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Awesome - congrats. Gotta start somewhere, what better place then Moes.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The mod bug strikes another soon to be happier, but poorer RAM owner! $$$$$$

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
That is a great start for the mods. Installation is very straight forward on both of these, but let us know if you have any questions.

07rambot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't mean to hijack another members thread but could some one explain what the hell a catch can is for? I see a lot of people who have them but I'm not sure what they do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Don't mean to hijack another members thread but could some one explain what the hell a catch can is for? I see a lot of people who have them but I'm not sure what they do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Your motor has a PCV system that vents oil and air from your crankcase back into your intake manifold. This oil will build up on your throttle body and intake runners. It also lowers your overall octane rating of your fuel when it mixes with the gas in the manifold. The can goes inline of the PCV hose and collects all the oil, only letting the air get through to the intake manifold. Keeping that oil from building up inside your manifold and throttle body will help your motor from a longevity standpoint. Keeping the oil out of your fuel will prevent detonation, especially in warmer climates, which increases performance and efficiency. In the end, it is a must have mod for these new hemi motors.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks everyone. I was torn between the 87mm TB and a catch can or the CAI and catch can. I was actually $0.55 short in my savings for the CAI/Catch Can, so I ordered that. Now I have to start saving/working OT for the TB.