Moroso #85479 Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious if you guys stock the Moroso catch can (#85479) to fit the 2014 Ram 1500 w/ 5.7 Hemi & 8-speed?

I've owned both the Moroso and BT cans before, and prefer the Moroso mainly because of the drain spout. Also, for the Ram, I noticed mounting locations are different between the two units. The Moroso mounts over by the passenger side radiator which seems better to me.

http://www.moroso.com/eb/web/instructions/85479_instweb.pdf

Anyhow, I would like to support a site vendor if possible. Thanks.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Unfortunately, we only stock the Billet Tech can. this has been a fun debate between which can is better. While the BT can is a bit tougher to get to than the Moroso, it is positioned better to collect more oil because it mounts in a lower position. With the Moroso, the oil has to travel up from the PCV valve which causes it to collect in the hose. With the BT can, the can is mounted below the PCV valve which allows gravity to take over and make the oil run down into the can. I much prefer the BT can myself, but there are plenty of people here that are happy with their Moroso can as well. They are both great units though, so I don't think you can go wrong either way.

OP
OP
nolimits76

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't realize the elevation difference existed, but that makes sense to some degree. I will say that when the engine is running, oil is being moved via pressure, not gravity; however, when it shuts off there could be a little bit left in the lines and then gravity takes over. How much, and does it make a difference would be the ultimate question.

I do agree with you about both being quality units. Having owned both before when I had my Challenger, I don't have a concern there. I just prefer the Moroso because the drain spout makes sense to me, and in the case of the Ram I like having a little more room to access things since I have big paws.