Leather Sealant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I nabbed some Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner (and the gallon refill) the other day, stuff is amazing, works fantastically!
However, I ordered it because the Adobe tan leather I have seems to draw the dye out of blue jeans REALLY well.

The Adam's cleaner takes it right out, and I follow up with Meguire's Leather Conditioner (because it's what I have).
It restores the leather, and it smells / feels / looks great. Within a week or so the drivers seat has a blue tint to it (again).

Do you offer something that is more of a sealant for the leather?

Here's a picture of the seat today before I cleaned / treated it.

It's somewhat difficult to see, but you'll notice the grain pattern seems almost over-exaggerated, that'd be the blue jean dye soaking in...

Side Note: These are 2+ year old Lee jeans, been through the wash likely 100+ times, not brand new jeans

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Greg, that's a tricky one. Our Leather Conditioner is as close as we get to a "sealant" as it's more of a conditioner that moisturizes the material than a product that seals the seat.

Maybe just stop wearing pants??? I'm sure the neighbors wouldn't say anything. ;)

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If it's true leather the only way to really 'seal' it is with a saddle soap-type product that will fill in the pores of the leather.

OP
OP
WhiteExpress

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Funny you mention saddle soap. that was my next thought.
I'm quite annoyed with this :rant: