1985 Dodge D150 Hood Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85Dodge360-4BBL

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985 Dodge Ram D150
Engine
Built 360Hp
I own a 1985 Dodge Ram D150 Custom. I would like to install the hood with built in scoops similar to the 1969 Dodge Chargers. I have only seen that style hood on a 78-80 truck. Iam not sure what style it's called. Will it fit my 85 and where would I find one??

Attachments

• Dodge truck hood.jpg
    Dodge truck hood.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,136

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That hood was on all Dodge trucks from 1972 until 1978. It's generic name is the "Bird Bath" hood because water pools near the front of the hood after a rain. Finding one that someone hasn't drilled holes in and therefore *****'d the substructure will be hard, but most guys don't like them because they dump water on the distributor when they open the hood. (small blocks....lol) You'll need the hood, the matching cowl and likely the hood latch.

OP
OP

85Dodge360-4BBL

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985 Dodge Ram D150
Engine
Built 360Hp
Ok Thanks for the info. Was there a later one that will bolt in place of my factory hood and have the same look? And not need other year specific parts changed.

That hood was on all Dodge trucks from 1972 until 1978. It's generic name is the "Bird Bath" hood because water pools near the front of the hood after a rain. Finding one that someone hasn't drilled holes in and therefore *****'d the substructure will be hard, but most guys don't like them because they dump water on the distributor when they open the hood. (small blocks....lol) You'll need the hood, the matching cowl and likely the hood latch.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ok Thanks for the info. Was there a later one that will bolt in place of my factory hood and have the same look? And not need other year specific parts changed.

Not that I know of. I do know someone used to make reproduction hoods that actually had Challenger hood scoops, but I don't think they were made for 79 and up trucks. Either way, it won't be a hard swap, especially if you have a parts truck.