69 superbee hood scoops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUANGOODUDE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well, the only thing I didn't like on my truck was the hood.
Creating one off cars for 55 yrs, you get an eye for what fits or not. I stared at it for a month going through my brain catalog thinking what would fit/ work. Then it hit me. 1969- 70 dodge superbee hood scoops.
. Finally found an orginal set. Throwing the dice and spending $350.00 , is pretty insane! But I just knew I could make them fit!
Sanding the bottom little by little, I finally got them to a tight fit to the compound angles of the hood. Then I had to lower the orginal stud towers and recess the new studs to fit the now lowered scoops cutting them to shorter height.
After all that, jump in balls deep and drill 16 holes in my nice shinny hood thinking, "i think I got this," I think.
Well it worked. I think I got one orginal badass hood. In the future after I have a pitcher of martinis and catch my breath, I'll have them painted to match and put on those great hemi badges!

The only thing that was hard was loading the pics! I'll try more later!