86 W 150 exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Meanie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys,

We live in Virginia, where they've just changed the safety inspection rules on exhaust. My truck's got a single pipe running down the pass. side with a catalyst, and a cherrybomb. The exhaust stops right after the cherrybomb. Va. has now made it so the exhaust has to exit the vehicle, it can't terminate underneath anymore. I've got a set of headers I've been meaning to throw on anyway, but the last time I did that, the only aftermarket exhaust available ran the driver's side pipe low, and under the framerail, which is ******** if you ever want to put the truck on a lift. Does anybody know of a better system available? I'd like to have duals, and cherrybombs, but routed sensibly instead of the old aftermarket way. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Matt

OP
OP
B

Blue Meanie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
addendum to first post

I would prefer not to shell out a lot of scratch for somebody to bend me an exhaust system, I'd much prefer to weld pre-existing parts on myself...

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Around here having some one bend it is actually cheaper
Is your old exhaust still useable? I would just turn it out and bring it out the side

In PA exhaust has to exit outside of the body and behind the cab

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Couldn't you build your own from a few parts at the auto shop, and some welding?

Otherwise if you are putting on headers it might be worth it to get an x-pipe built, and spend like $300.