How do you guys run your exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Meanie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been window shopping aftermarket exhaust options, and don't like how both pipes run to one side, (and one under the frame rail) due to the gas tank.. I'm looking to install headers (sitting on shelf in garage), and if you guys have a creative solution for this I'd love to see it.. Going on a '86 W-150..

Thanks

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
only way to do it is run the pipes down the 1 side unless you can get yourself a ramcharger gas tank and all the parts needed to install it. you could still install the headers with that gas tank where it is.

OP
OP
B

Blue Meanie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nuts, thanks..

I knew the headers would still fit, I've had them and the system on previous trucks, but didn't like how the driver's side goes under the frame rail to cut around the trans (IIRC). It keeps me from putting the truck on a lift, and becomes the lowest part of the undercarriage, which is never good

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
My muffler man had a time & a half running TRUE duals under my '92 RC. Thing is, the factory 2 1/4" pipes proved to be the secret to our success!

The 318/360 - even in Magnum configuration - is NOT the monster MOPAR for HP or torque. Smaller pipes - ESPECIALY with true duals - is your secret to success, at keeping backpressure at nominal levels, and torque high: especially for a 4x4 application.

RELOCATING the cruise control to the top of the t-case skid, was the more interesting solution to our particular scenario. Unfortunately, the CC seems to be dead; thankfully, I don't need CC on a trail runner! :crazy:

Hi-Po JEGS cats were needed, so I could pass the visual part of the smog inspection - one one EACH pipe. Magnaflow glasspacks keep the exhaust flowing freely. Backpressure is good, the 318 Magnum breathes well, and torque is maintained, particularly in 1st gear.

Snaking 2 1/4" pipe through all the nooks & crannies of the underside was challenging, but even 2 1/2" pipe would've been MORE challenging - there are just spaces where it would not have fit.

100_8655_zps6aeac6fb.jpg
100_8653_zps99a0a292.jpg100_8651_zpse44086e9.jpg

http://vid212.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/The_War_Wagon/Ramcharger/100_8648_zpsfe1e2fa3.mp4

P5211347_zpsfdd8c9ee.jpg