2014 2500 rear rotor wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I just serviced my rear diff so while it was on the jackstands I decided to run the rear wheels just to see how straight everything is running. New tires a week ago so I figured it should be perfect. NOPE. The right rear ain't bad but left rear runs out not only front to rear some but actually wobbles like a bent rim. Pulled off the "Mag" wheel and you can plainly see the rotor not concentric. I have the 11.5 diff and can't imagine the hub being bent. Actually can't imagine these big ass rotors being bent either but something is not running true. Anyone have this issue? I have searched the heavy duty section to no avail on rotors. A quick look around and can't even find new ones. Any recommendations?
Thanks

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I frequent a bunch of message boards and can't remember where I read this, or if it was even a Ram, but someone had a slightly bent axle from the factory that was causing some trouble. I think the symptom was tire wear on the insides of the rear tires. Sorry, wish I had more to give you but just can't remember where I read it.

OP
OP
T

Tinsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Looking around I am finding rotors and pad kits on Amazon, Rock Auto, E-bay Ect. At 41080 miles the basic warranty has passed but the 100,000 mile drivetrain is still in effect. I realize rotors being perishable might not be covered in the drivetrain warranty. I wonder if I should hit up the dealer for diagnoses before I try replacing the rotors and that ain't it?

OP
OP
T

Tinsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I have already diagnosed it. Something ain't right! I don't want to pay the stealer to tell me that.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
... Do you have any symptoms of having a bent rotor or did you just see this? If you have no issues just leave it alone.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk