AFE Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Glad to see it's enclosed, but would have like to see an additional snorkel added somewhere. For close to $500 I'd also like to have seen at least some test/dyno data. But at least it's something new:)

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
$500! I'm keeping my 30 dollar lows fix ahaha. By the way leveled truck today. So worth 275!!!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I see it mates up to the factory snorkel.

The real value of this is the smooth tube, the open filter and the direct air flow path to the throttle body.

I really liked the AFE I had on my MegaCan. I might just have to get this for mine.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
It will be interesting to see some test for sure.

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Crap, I was really hoping for an open unit. I know a real CAI is enclosed and it performs better but I really want to hear that intake. I had an open aFe on my 300s and it sounded mean!

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Before computers intake mods did something - today the computer manages the air/gas mixture.

Save you money.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
how much would we honestly gain in HP/torque with this thing. the factory air box doesn't look to bad does it?

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Yeah I agree want kind of gain will you get, because before I folk out $500 I can buy me another AR15.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Crap, I was really hoping for an open unit. I know a real CAI is enclosed and it performs better but I really want to hear that intake. I had an open aFe on my 300s and it sounded mean!

I know I am gonna get some booo's here but I have the K&N & I think it sounds really mean on my 6.4 2500 & on my 3.6 Durango. When the MDS kicks in on the 6.4 it sounds almost like a Jake Brake on a semi. Doesn't bother me like some other folks on here. On my truck it sounds great but feel it gave very little in the seat gains & only a quarter to half mpg gain. I added the hardware store 3" tube to the grille that others have done here & feel it added just a little bit more power but seen no additional mpg gains.
Now on my Durango I could tell a noticeable difference in power & averaging about 1 mpg gain. Neither are significant enough to justify the price but it's my money & it's something I wanted to do.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I know I am gonna get some booo's here but I have the K&N & I think it sounds really mean on my 6.4 2500 & on my 3.6 Durango. When the MDS kicks in on the 6.4 it sounds almost like a Jake Brake on a semi. Doesn't bother me like some other folks on here. On my truck it sounds great but feel it gave very little in the seat gains & only a quarter to half mpg gain. I added the hardware store 3" tube to the grille that others have done here & feel it added just a little bit more power but seen no additional mpg gains.
Now on my Durango I could tell a noticeable difference in power & averaging about 1 mpg gain. Neither are significant enough to justify the price but it's my money & it's something I wanted to do.

I'm going to get bigger boos when I say - if those add-ons produced the MPG gains you got; mfgs would do them. That the mfgs don't do those mods tell me that there isn't any mpgs gains.

The computer determines the air/fuel mixture and thereby the mpg.

Reactions: U&A

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm going to get bigger boos when I say - if those add-ons produced the MPG gains you got; mfgs would do them. That the mfgs don't do those mods tell me that there isn't any mpgs gains.

The computer determines the air/fuel mixture and thereby the mpg.

Let's recap:

-No change in airbox location
-Same intake location in fender prone to water intrusion
-Similar or worse air filtration to OE
-No useable improvement of HP
-No noticeable improvement of fuel economy
-Increased intake noise
-$500

These should sell like hotcakes.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I took a look last week and the 6.4L CAI was on the AFE website, checked today and it was gone....

Same here. Might not be ready for prime time and they pulled it back.

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
So, does anyone know what happened to the intake that they had on the site? It was there for what seemed like a few days and now it's been gone for 5 months!