Cargo carrier on front of 2015 Ram 3500 diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgood777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Want to add a class III hitch on front of truck so that I can use it occasionally for a cargo carrier. Would get a platform style carrier with 3" or 4" sides, and not a fully enclosed box. Probably the largest thing I would put on the platform is a 4000 watt, 200 lb generator that is 30" wide and 24" tall. I'm worried about air flow to the lower opening up front. Don't think it's going to block the grill or the radiator opening, but it looks like there are some cooling fins just above/below the license plate that may be partially blocked. Generator will be probably at least a foot in front of the opening and not right up against it so it's not completely blocked, but it will be a little. Anybody have any experience with this or know whether I am likely to have a problem? Two local dealers were of little help.

Thanks in advance for any advice...
Mike

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
2015 Ram 3500 Front Hitch - Draw-Tite

I dont forsee much trouble unless you pack a bunch of stuff in front of the grille...

i have a replacement bumper with receiver built in. I've hauled a generator up front an i am planning on hauling bikes coming this summer when we go camping...

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put that draw tite hitch on my 16 and the plastic louver in the lower section of the bumper has to be removed anyway. It doesn't appear that the majority of airflow over the radiator comes through there.

Sent from a field