Firestone Transforce - balance issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

champ198

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
When I got my truck, it had a tire balance issue. Usually, the factory does pretty good on balancing. I've had them re-balanced twice. This last time, they're worse than ever. Are these tires the problem or is it my dealer just can't balance tires? I'm taking the service manager on a ride with me down the interstate to show him later this week.

Don't know how much more time to invest in this. I know its a heavy duty truck, but the whole dang truck shakes like crazy at 76 mph.

82Crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
1982, 2010
Engine
318 Magnum, 6.7 Cummins
You may have a bent wheel or a deprecated tire. I have installed a lot of Transforce tires over the years and that are some on the best for balancing and tread life. That doesn't mean that a bad one doesn't make it on a truck every once and a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You may have a bent wheel or a deprecated tire. I have installed a lot of Transforce tires over the years and that are some on the best for balancing and tread life. That doesn't mean that a bad one doesn't make it on a truck every once and a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tread life?...lol. Mine are about shot at 31k miles. I was surprised they lasted as long as they did with as fast as they wore the first 10k. It's bad when you can take a 200 mile trip and actually see the difference in tread without a close look. Worst pieces of **** I've ever had on a truck. Flat ground with wet grass and you have to use 4x4 to move is pretty bad.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Did you try a road force balance instead? That should tell you if it's a tire or rim issue, and hopefully provide a good balance if it's possible.

OP
OP
C

champ198

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you try a road force balance instead? That should tell you if it's a tire or rim issue, and hopefully provide a good balance if it's possible.

Yes, Roadforce was done on first attempt by dealer to remediate the tire balance issue. It helped. Alot. However, there was a lingering vibration at 70mph that I thought was one bad tire that was still there.

The 2nd attempt to rebalance really F'd up the balancing now it's worse than when it came from the factory.

I have a ride scheduled with the service manager tomorrow. I started getting push back from the service adviser when I called this morning to tell them they'd made it worse instead of better. That tells me I have an uphill battle.

I also sent the service manager a summary of the issues. I suspect that there is a bad tire in the mix; however, I can't get the dealer to come up with a solution.

I just want a truck I can drive 4 hrs to and from Arkansas duck hunting that doesn't freakin shake the phone holder off the dash.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Would a box of tissues help? Lol... j/k

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I swapped my TransForce tires for KO2's before the wife even noticed what the stock ones looked like:)

Then the muffler bearing and wheel bearings went bad so I had to swap those too :D

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
I swapped my TransForce tires for KO2's before the wife even noticed what the stock ones looked like:)

Then the muffler bearing and wheel bearings went bad so I had to swap those too :D

Don't you just like...er.... I mean hate when that happens.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
If the problem persists, you might also investigate a driveshaft imbalance.

es

cash4acres

4lb pompano
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L,660ftLbs=G56 Manual 6 speed
Firestone ht tires on ram 2500-3500 trucks

73,000 miles with Firestone HT tires and no problem, even with 2" spacers!

Attachments

• 00o0o_eq3cVq5H5BM_1200x900.jpg
    00o0o_eq3cVq5H5BM_1200x900.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 42
  • 00606_aDjlJSAy0cM_600x450.jpg
    00606_aDjlJSAy0cM_600x450.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 47

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
My Transjunk ATs are down to 8/32 in 9,500 miles. Absolute garbage tires.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Does someone need a giant box of tissues to soak up the tears?? Lmao

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Break the bead from the rim. Rotate the tire 45 degrees with out rotating the rim and try again. Repeat until problem is gone.

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I'm actually seeing the same exact thing. I had an alignment done by the dealer and the tires balanced twice all within about a month. After each it seemed to be ok for a bit but I didn't really hit hwy speeds and I get the vibration at 73-78mph as well.

The ride at higher speeds is pretty bumpy too, like nonstop moving back and forth or up and down. Makes it very difficult to drink anything while I'm driving that's for sure.

IDK how bad yours is shaking but when my 08 got real bad it was the driveshaft u-joints. This truck has had them inspected and the ball joints looked at. Truck only has 20k miles on it though, should be fine.