Installed 5500 tow hooks on my 2500!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buckfat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016-2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Installed my 40 in. light bar in my bumper and had that thought of what if I need to be pulled from the front. I Deer hunt in Georgia so sure enough if the hooks are not there I will need them. Bought a set of 5500 tow hooks off eBay. Rear bolt installs where snow plow bracket was. The front I had a piece of DOM welded to the front of the frame so the front bolt could bolt threw. Used a Dremel to make cutouts of the valance. Definitely looks like over kill but is there such a thing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2,001

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Looks good. Did you paint your front bumper? My friend has an outdoorsman and it's chrome.

OP
OP
Buckfat

Buckfat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016-2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Plastidip. Not a big chrome fan. All emblems and both bumpers. Put it on just over a year ago. Made it threw a whole hunting season. About to add a new coat for this coming hunting season.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Plastidip. Not a big chrome fan. All emblems and both bumpers. Put it on just over a year ago. Made it threw a whole hunting season. About to add a new coat for this coming hunting season.

Not a fan of chrome are ya? You'd hate my truck.:homoswitch::roflsquared:
image.jpg