Off road pkg, pwr wagon level shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.D.J.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hello,

In anticipation of my ordered, 2018 2500 Laramie with off road package, I gleaned some information in a very informative thread regarding the use of Power Wagon parts to level the truck.

My local dealer (with whom I deal with regularly for Mopar parts at my shop), can provide me the front track bar, and front coil springs at a VERY reasonable price. The shocks however, are so far out to lunch its not funny. They're not sure why but they are in the 300 dollar (Canadian Dollar) range, EACH!!!!

That said, I have a couple outlets of aftermarket suppliers that could supply the Bilstein 4600 series shock (which comes factory on the PW, and Off road package). I know I could simply upgrade to the 5100 and call it a day, but I would prefer to have the same on all four corners, and figured there may be a simple solution to match what comes on the rear with the off road package. Does anyone have the Bilstein part number for the 2017/2018 Power Wagon specific front shock, that accommodates the extra 2 inches of spring height? The Mopar number supplied in the thread doesn't seem to cross here for me or any of my suppliers.

Online search provides the Bilstein number as 24-240390, but just lists it as a regular 2500 4X4, and doesn't specify off road package, or Power Wagon.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
the cheapest solution is to buy bilstein 5100's for all 4 corners. the bilsteins that come on the power wagon are a dealer only item (and not cheap), despite that they are an 'aftermarket' brand shock.

OP
OP
R

R.D.J.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Thanks,

Yeah, this is what I've found out regarding the front PW shocks. I figured I would "cheat" and see if I could get the PW front 4600 series shock to match the rear 4600 that will be coming factory on my off road package. With what my dealer wants for just two PW front shocks, I can get a set of 5100s from my aftermarket supplier.

I think Ill go with the PW front springs and track bar though. For the price, they are likely the ticket.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
unless the track bar is a steal, i would probably skip the power wagon bar and go with an aftermarket adjustable one. they are rebuild-able and cheaper in the long run.

OP
OP
R

R.D.J.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I would tend to agree, but indeed the track bar is dirt cheap (under 200 Canadian) my cost. I have the Carli adjustable 3rd gen track bar on my 2001, and have had it on there for a few years. Its absolutely perfect, except for eating bushings once every year and a half or so. It wasnt even close in price to this. Remember, in Canada, theres the exchange rate, and then a premium to get it here. ARG.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007