Just need shocks for level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My shocks are old as dirt but I was wanting to leave them be until I really needed them. Well, I hit some snow that was packed uneven and the front shuddered terribly so I guess it's time. I plan on being cheap and just doing the fronts for now but I'm sure the rears won't be far behind. All that said...

I was thinking of doing the Bilstein 5100s so that I can take some of the rake out. Can I just buy the shocks and put them on a high setting or is there more to it for getting them to sit higher? I know nothing about lifts/leveling and there's not as much info out there for the 2500s (solid axle). When I do the rears I will not be adding any lift. Just want a little in the front.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you have a 2500 then? If so, then no, shocks will not lift your truck. Thats only for the front of 1500’s.

There are plenty of leveling kits for the 2500’s. You can go with slightly taller coil springs, or go the super cheap route and use spacers on the stock springs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357