Rear lowered/leveled 2014 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.4hemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi guys, just wanted to give you guys some info on how i levelled my 2014 2500 in the rear. I wanted to lower the rear cause I didn't want the truck any higher but hated the pull truck rake.

So I started by gathering up some take off rear springs off of a 2500 we lifted here at the shop.

The springs came out of a single cab long box and my truck is a crew cab short box, so since my truck weighs more than the donor truck this the donor truck has a lower spring rate than my truck

Before I did any work I measured from the ground to each fender flare
Front: 40 1/4"
Rear: 43 1/4"

The 3" difference looks odd to me so I wanted like and inch to inch and a half rake at most....so on the hoist the truck goes

I swapped in the donor springs with the lower spring rate and the truck sat 3/4" lower, it's a start but not good enough...

I then removed the donor springs again and cut a coil out of each and reinstalled and got another 1" out of it

So for free I was able to drop the ass of the truck almost 2" by the time it settles and gain a softer ride in the rear cause the donor truck

Measurements after
Front:40 1/4"
Rear: 41 1/2" ish