Uconnect subscription WHo has it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Alright, maybe I will change the way I ask the question.
Who uses or has a Uconnect subscription? Other than starting, unlocking, vehicle reports what do you use the subscription for?
I see Yelp actually sends the businesses or POI's to nav. That would be a cool feature.
Anyway to get traffic updates on or through Uconnect?

I presently have Travel link. I love the route redirect when I am in Houston. I don't use the fuel prices or movie listings.

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I use mine as I have to walk a 1/4 mile to my truck so heating it up or cooling it makes it nice when I get to her. The nav on the go is nice too.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I use mine as I have to walk a 1/4 mile to my truck so heating it up or cooling it makes it nice when I get to her. The nav on the go is nice too.

Nav on the go? Please explain!

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Used to you could not drive and input where you wanted to go

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
SO you do that through YELP on your phone?
Or is that a function of you having a 2016 versus my 14?

You would think they would make these things upgradeable like phones and we could all be on the latest version!

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had it for the first 6 months. Other then the remote start. I didn't use it for anything. The reports were nice but not worth $15 a month. I Dropped when the free trial expired.

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Anyone know how to force the Vehicle Health Report email?

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had it for the first 6 months. Other then the remote start. I didn't use it for anything. The reports were nice but not worth $15 a month. I Dropped when the free trial expired.

This was pretty much my experience as well. It's just too expensive for what it is. In this hi-tech world of monthly conveniences and fluff I'd be willing to maybe pay half of what they are charging.

I was surprised there's no discounts or special offers. I called once and they pretty much told me to go pound sand. In contrast, every 6 months when my Sirius/XM radio is going to expire I just call and tell them I'm going to cancel and the price drops dramatically. I actually just did it today. It went from $109 for 6 months to $39 for 5 months. I just mark my calendar a couple days ahead of the automatic bill date and call.

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This was pretty much my experience as well. It's just too expensive for what it is. In this hi-tech world of monthly conveniences and fluff I'd be willing to maybe pay half of what they are charging.

I was surprised there's no discounts or special offers. I called once and they pretty much told me to go pound sand. In contrast, every 6 months when my Sirius/XM radio is going to expire I just call and tell them I'm going to cancel and the price drops dramatically. I actually just did it today. It went from $109 for 6 months to $39 for 5 months. I just mark my calendar a couple days ahead of the automatic bill date and call.

I'm planning to do the same. I agree it's too much money for a fancy remote start. I don't need an email to tell me my tires are low. If it was $100 for the year. I probably would have done it.

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
As far as cost, I'm the second owner. I thought I would have to pay for it, and was ready to pay. However, they just put it in my name. Exp 12/2016 and something expires in 6/2018.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the find your car feature works after the uConnect trial expires?

If you car gets stolen I think being able to track where it is would be great.

But I agree with others - the price for what it is; isn't worth it.

tojo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nav on the go? Please explain!
If you have a stock NAV unit, you can look up an address/location on your phone and send it to your vehicle.

It's called Send n Go.

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
If you have a stock NAV unit, you can look up an address/location on your phone and send it to your vehicle.

It's called Send n Go.
But you have to have the subscription right? This ****** me off. After paying a premium price for a vehicle they want a premium price for the functionality.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

hammer40

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had it for two years and gave up. The remote start worked 1 out of 4 times. I'm not paying for substandard services.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990