8.4 Uconnect network connection always shows as disconnected (circle with line through it)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck is a 2016 with the factory 8.4 GPS head unit. The uconnect connection icon (cellular bar icon) now has a circle with a line through it showing it can’t get a connection at all.

Is this caused by a sharkfin antenna issue or is it because I need to call and get a uconnect subscription?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's because the radios use a 3g signal that's no longer broadcast. There is an add on T-Mobile adapter that rides in the OBD port, but it's contract service and all.

OP
OP
A

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's because the radios use a 3g signal that's no longer broadcast. There is an add on T-Mobile adapter that rides in the OBD port, but it's contract service and all.
Got it thank you. Did some reading on the 4G adapters and people are having a ton of issues with them.

Sounds like too much of a headache just to be able to send GPS coordinates from my phone to the head unit. :/

jcd302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, they go thru T-mobile so there is 1 problem. Why should you have to pay a subscription? My wife's Ford Edge has a free app that she can connect, track, start, unlock, ect. No fee. And everytime she pulls in the garage, it connects to the house Wi-Fi and does needed updates. All for free. I even updated my old 2014 Fusion to the new Sync version. Love my Ram, but the Uconnect needs to step it up in the customer service aspect.