Newbie from the UK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Misty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
225 Slant 6
Hey folks! I am currently in the process of registering my second Ram here in the UK. I sold my first a couple days ago...broke my heart but it was too much work for me (full restoration needed).

So my friend in the USAF, based down south over here, told me about a truck his friend has for sale. It's an 83 D150 with the 225 slant six motor. All original, absolutely beautiful truck.

Would anyone have any idea what type of carb this engine has, or where I can look to tell? I believe they have either a holly or a carter? It runs a tad lumpy when first started, but once warm runs and pulls great.

Thanks
Misty

Attachments

• 2015-09-16 13.24.02.jpg
    2015-09-16 13.24.02.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 60

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome!

Single barrel or dual on the carb? From what I have found with some google searching is the stock carb for the '83 slant 6 would have been a single barrel Holley.

1981-1987: Holley 6145 feedback one-barrel

The Mopar slant six engines

If you happen to have a 2 barrel on it, then it's likely a Carter. This is all assuming it's the stock carb as well.