Moving from Lurking to Learning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BckwoodsSthrnLwyr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Been lurking for a bit but finally joined. I bought a new 2018 Ram 2500 diesel in late 2019. Absolutely love it. I finally got tired of the dealer price increases for service and the $1,200 estimate for rear rotors and pads that I didn’t need at that point was my last visit.

I’ve been doing my own oil and fuel filter changes, finally did the rear brakes, replaced the CCV filter, but am wondering what else I need to be doing now or for my next 90k miles. I’m in a decently warm climate (N GA) and rarely tow or run 4x4. I am newer to vehicle maintenance but really enjoy it, especially compared to my day job. Is there a decent schedule or list of items to tackle, and are any of them not recommended for a rookie?

Thanks for having me here!

BSL

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome. There should be MX schedule by miles in your owners manual. Catch up anything missed than follow the MX schedule in the manual.

Keep your OCIs to a decent schedule and use quality oils and filters.

All above IMHO