Anybody lose a hat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look what the tide brought in. My nephew found this floating among the waves at the beach. Dried it out in the sun and, of course, gave it to his Uncle.

P8060021_zps45c652ab.jpg

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Cool!

What is the Big Red "R" for?

:crazy:

Some find it pretty gross (my wife included) but I love finding little nuggets like this.

I can't tell you how many caps, towels and other stuff have blown out of the boat on the water, or on the highway.

In the rare case I find another, along the shore or shoulder of the road I snap it up. Give it a good washing and put it back into use... likely only to be "recycled" again, when I lose it next time! :roflsquared:

I've found some cool old caps in the muddy muck of some far hidden coves on my many boating trips on various inland bodies of water. Some are too goop filled and stinky to bother with, while others have that killer "faded and broken in" look and feel. Again, once cleaned up (if they can survive the trip through the washing machine) I'll sport them proudly. Some of the neater, older stuff just falls apart however right at the scene and is either picked up as trash to clean the shoreline or on the rare occasion, reburied for another to find in another decade or two. :naughty:

What is scary, is all the loose big chunks of firewood that bounces out onto the highway. All the campers and tourists need to figure out how to secure their loads, especially when dealing with a good size chunk of rough wood that can easily damage a car, truck or even kill a biker if hit or thrown up by traffic. I collect that too, when safe to do so. I've had many a campfire on found chunks of firewood. Big, heavy stuff, splintered out in the road surface. Scary, especially to those of us who ride motorcycles, especially during darkness in the great vast (read: Not so Well Lit) distances out here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jabalone

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool!

What is the Big Red "R" for?

Team Ram I figured, but maybe it was owned by some dude named Reggie who drove his Power Wagon into the sea.

Some find it pretty gross (my wife included) but I love finding little nuggets like this.

You must hang with a classier crowd than me. I was expected to wear it as soon as it was dry ...LOL The sea WAS the wash. I mean I wouldn't re-gift it to my father in law for his retirement present or anything but it's not garbage. I don't think it spent too long adrift. The big "R" is still soft and plush and there was only one jellyfish inside.:roflsquared:

I better go back to the beach to see if there was a matching R/T floating around with the hat!!!!!

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice!

Ocean must be different than party lakes around here. Most caps are full of mud, muck and smell pretty bad when you pull them out of the goo, unless it is a "fresh kill, floater" ...that can go right back into service. :)

popjim52

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Tradesman 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys are obviously 'Men of Many Hats'