Boat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As of Monday this week, im on vacation for 2 weeks. been working on my boat everyday to get it back on the water this summer. it turned into a fairly large project. the interior was carpeted, and that mixed with ocean water, beer and fish blood was a really horrible mixture. so i pulled all the carpet up to find about a solid inch of glue that was holding it all down. tried a scraper first, that wasnt cutting it. then busted out the solvent, still no luck. finally brought out the belt sander with some 50 grit. about 15 belts later, got mostly all of it up. found a little dry rot in some of the wood, so sanded the fiber glass off of those areas, and cleaned them up some. gotta grab some plywood from home depot tomorrow. i got all my interior upholstery back in and installed. once i patch up the dry rot areas, ill put down my rubberized deck coating.

once all that is done, its time for oil change, gear oil change, plugs, wires, cap/rotor, rebuild carb, flush fuel lines, new fuel filter and fuel/water separator, new bilge pump, rewire a few electronics, and install new bait tank/pump.

new pics will come tomorrow, heres a couple before pics. right now im tired, and covered in fiber glass. its time for a beer or 8.

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

boat3.jpg

boat4.jpg

whatever retard used that much glue to install the carpet...... i hope all the bad things in life happen to him.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
that does seem a little on the excessive side for glue.
Waiting to see what ya got now

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Wow that is alot of work but it will be worth it when that first fish hits your new deck.

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks guys. just went out and got all the fluids, plugs, cap, carb cleaner, etc. cost me over $100. now i need to go get a skill saw, more deck paint and some plywood. sawzall isnt gonna cut it for making strait cuts.

progress is on hold for today, heading over to the hospital to visit my friend and his wife. their newborn baby isnt doing so well. she was born with a super rare condition, shes the 92nd reported case in the US.

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
got the deck done. found a bunch of dry rot. took care of that. now onto paint and engine.

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out iboats.com There is a lot of good information and knowledgable folks on their forums.

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just found out there is no drain plug on the bottom of the oil pan... gotta suck the old oil out of the dipstick tube. wtf, lame. serves me right for having a chevy motor in this thing i guess.

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
heres the oil pump i had to buy so i could change my oil. splurged a little and got a nice one. wasnt much more than a regular hand pump, and worked really well.

IMAG0250.jpg

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's pretty standard on boats. My mercruiser has threads in the dipstick to hook up a pump.

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FML, changed the lower unit's oil. then took apart the carb, need a carb rebuild kit for the seals and such. and now i found out my starter is seized up.

joetama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Boooo for setbacks... But so far great work man. Going to all be worth it!