Ford tech tells the truth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That video is pointless, yeah we all love our trucks but just like ford has its issues Ram has its problems too you just need a ram tech to make a video about it

fordtech90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^and that's the truth^^^^

I'm master certified ford tech, and I get tired of seeing them. So y would I want to buy one? And the new body style is horrible.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I like his Ford videos but I get the impression that him buying the RAM was more of a middle finger statement when he left his Ford tech dealership job on less than ideal terms.

OP
OP
Birddog

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Holy crap, that video is enough to make anyone cringe!

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I see, the guy is extremely narrow minded...only wants a diesel in a 1500...and currently only one maker does that. Once ford and Chevy comes out with one, you know he is jumping ship.

Kinda laughed when he said that he wasn't remotely interested in a hemi...like come on...dodge/ram is know for their strong hemi v8 engine and he doesn't even want to hear it.

Also. That rear 3rd light leaking issue..if I Remember correctly, all truck makes have that same issue.

**Truck name: Rampage**

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 4WD SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
From what I see, the guy is extremely narrow minded...only wants a diesel in a 1500...and currently only one maker does that. Once ford and Chevy comes out with one, you know he is jumping ship.

Kinda laughed when he said that he wasn't remotely interested in a hemi...like come on...dodge/ram is know for their strong hemi v8 engine and he doesn't even want to hear it.

Also. That rear 3rd light leaking issue..if I Remember correctly, all truck makes have that same issue.

**Truck name: Rampage**

That grill on the ford, just cant get pass that. Ram, Tundra and even GMC look way better to me.

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I'm not sold on the new F-150 looks either. Some models look okay others not so much. I saw a plain white crew cab other day and I though it looked like a pope mobile with the tall green house and lowered belt line.

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I saw this video a few weeks ago when I started shopping around. I didn't give too much weight to it, but whatever.

I drove a few new body style fords and gm's. I honestly went in expecting to buy a Ford, but i was disappointed by both 150's I drove (a 5.0 and an ecoboost). I dunno, they just didn't live up to the hype. I also went in placing a Ram in the "long shot" category. But after driving the others, I thought I would give one a whirl in the name of saying I tried. Needless to say, can you tell which one impressed me??? It went from bottom of the list to my driveway in a very short time period. But at the end of the day, that's just one guys experience/opinion, much like this video.

OP
OP
Birddog

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I saw this video a few weeks ago when I started shopping around. I didn't give too much weight to it, but whatever.

I drove a few new body style fords and gm's. I honestly went in expecting to buy a Ford, but i was disappointed by both 150's I drove (a 5.0 and an ecoboost). I dunno, they just didn't live up to the hype. I also went in placing a Ram in the "long shot" category. But after driving the others, I thought I would give one a whirl in the name of saying I tried. Needless to say, can you tell which one impressed me??? It went from bottom of the list to my driveway in a very short time period. But at the end of the day, that's just one guys experience/opinion, much like this video.
I did the exact same thing. When I bought my 1500 I was looking for an F150. The first thing I test drove was a Tundra 5.L and it was nice but they weren't negotiating. I drove everything else and wasn't impressed until I drove the Hemi. Loved it! I was at Ram looking for a used F150 and I brought home a new Ram. On my third Ram now.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk