Place To Get Work Done In North Texas??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would love to have an 85mm Ported TB, some headers possibly (depending on if they are going to affect volume in the cab), cold air intake, catch can, 2'' rear drop, and some sort of a tune installed on my truck. Im gonna handle the headlights, fogs, tails, and 3rd brake light myself (i want them darker to match the truck better), but I dont have the time, tools, or knowledge to handle the rest. From what I understand, there isnt really that much else I can do to this truck. No Superchargers (bummer). Is there a shop within driving distance that is trustworthy to do this kind of work? Im really particular with my truck. :)
I sure could use some help. Thanks to anyone with any ideas or advise.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where in Texas are you?

Sent from my SGH-I317M

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Welcome. If you have the tools and know how to do your tail lights, then you are well equipped to do things like the TB and catch can etc. Most of the mods you want are fairly easy to install. The headers and stuff like that may be more than you want to do, but I think you can do most yourself. But once we find out where in Texas you live, then someone will chime in with a local that can help you. Again, welcome to the forum. You will find ALOT of help on here. There are tons of pros on here.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
There's lots of us in this forum from north Texas. But there's also a lot of north Texas! Haha. I would say everything on your list can be done yourself with the exception of the headers. I has those installed by a guy named Sam on my truck and now know to do em myself. They're pretty simple and straight forward.

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks fellas.

I am in the DFW area. And Im sure I can handle the work (if I have the tools) but the time is hard for me to come by. Depending on how quick someone like me can do these mods. (Ive built a few vehicles, but I havent worked on anything past about 1985). I work a lot, so my thought was to drop it someplace trustworthy, and have them do it all at once.

Im obviously new here, so Im trying to learn on a steep curve. I need a few pointers since yall know the way things roll here. Ive been studying up on the mods, but I still have questions about brands, instillation, pitfalls, ect.. Should I post each question in a new thread? Or just go to the Engine and Performance section and make one thread with all my questions?

Once again, sorry for all the newbie questions and thank you for any and all replys. Im sure you guys get this all the time. :birgits_tiredcoffee

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So maybe I should have asked for shops in Texas rather than North Texas. :sad72:

So... Great shops in Texas??? :help:

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Not sure how I missed your reply. As for the TB, CAI, and catch can, I know you said time is hard to come by, but if you have 30min-hour all of that can be installed quickly. The stock air box has to come off anyways to install a CAI, which means the TB is just a couple extra bolts, and then the catch can is quick too.

As for the drop, that one may take a little longer as I assume you'll want to do drop shackles? So you may just take it to a shop and get it done. It's a simple install but may take too much time.

And finally, you can put all the questions in one post if you want. Depending on how different each question is you can also split em up.

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure how I missed your reply. As for the TB, CAI, and catch can, I know you said time is hard to come by, but if you have 30min-hour all of that can be installed quickly. The stock air box has to come off anyways to install a CAI, which means the TB is just a couple extra bolts, and then the catch can is quick too.

As for the drop, that one may take a little longer as I assume you'll want to do drop shackles? So you may just take it to a shop and get it done. It's a simple install but may take too much time.

And finally, you can put all the questions in one post if you want. Depending on how different each question is you can also split em up.

Thanks so much man. Really appreciate the help. I should be able to knock out the CAI, TB, and Catch Can if they are that easy. I did shackles on my old dodge years ago. I was under the impression that its springs now. Either way, I guess I should just dedicate a day to do it all when I get the time.

Thanks again for everything.