2012 Ram 2500 traction control light/brake issue after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iRIDElow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Ltr. Cummins
So since my lift Ive noticed a small issue with my truck that I cannot seem to pinpoint.

After my lift I've noticed that periodically my trucks traction control light flashes on and off and it feels like my truck pulls to one side for a split second (as if traction control is engaging/dis-engaging). When this is happening, if I apply the brake it feels like the brake pedal jumps or pushes back at me a bit.....I know this sounds really weird but I've been trying to catch it in process to video it but its only every once and a while. I tend to notice it while I am driving the truck and I go over a bump, or I'm driving on a road with a weird incline. Yet sometimes it acts weird when I'm on a flat road and nothing I can tell triggers it. Initially I thought it had to be a wheel speed sensor on the passenger side since it was pulling that direction. I have since replaced it and its still doing it.

Anyone have any advice?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Sounds like there is some type of body accelerometer issue and the lift is putting this sensor or sensors into a state thinking there is roll or sway issue and engaging the traction control. I know on other platforms with lifts, usually you have to shim the offending accelerometer to compensate for the lift.

OP
OP
iRIDElow

iRIDElow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Ltr. Cummins
Sounds like there is some type of body accelerometer issue and the lift is putting this sensor or sensors into a state thinking there is roll or sway issue and engaging the traction control. I know on other platforms with lifts, usually you have to shim the offending accelerometer to compensate for the lift.

You happen to have any more information on this? trucks been lifted for over a year. and has only started doing it within the last 3-4 months

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
You happen to have any more information on this? trucks been lifted for over a year. and has only started doing it within the last 3-4 months

I cannot comment on RAM's but just remember a like issue when I had my Tundra. There was an accelerometer under the front center seat area that had to be shimmed on the front side of it compensate for a lift that was more nose up biased.