ABS & Traction control lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramaford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello to everyone! It’s been awhile since I’ve been on this forum and looking for advice. I own a 2018 Ram 2500 with approximately 64K. I’ve been having an issue with the ABS & traction control light coming on intermittently and loosing cruise control. I’ve read on other sites that it’s a pretty common issue. There’s even been a class action lawsuit filed not long ago. I’m currently in Houston TX and looking for a shop that is familiar with this issue instead of bringing it to a dealer that’s not going to do a true diagnostic troubleshoot.
Is anyone familiar with this issue?
All help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_7182.jpeg
    IMG_7182.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 11

Redfisher1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you tried disconnecting battery then remove plug off abs and clean , dry and add dielectric grease.
Mine had the green fuzzies.

Attachments

• IMG_3838.jpeg
    IMG_3838.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 20

MikeF69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I took mine to the dealer, they said the ABS and HTC unit were bad. They also told me there were no parts available to fix them. My friend owns a car repair shop and he looked on a website that said the feds were reviewing this and Feb 2024 was the “proposed” date the review would be completed. This means no parts, no repair until next year. In the meantime we are stuck with trucks that do not have the factory installed safety equipment working. I wonder how long before someone gets injured or injures another person and a lawsuit insues due to this know issue. Could be big bucks. In the meantime I just want to be able to use the cruise control and would take my chances with the less than ideally safe truck.

Dutra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mike see my posting. Easy fix with the part. I found my part in Texas but ebay will carry them now and a lot cheaper. Just dont get used.

Scarter5261

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hello to everyone! It’s been awhile since I’ve been on this forum and looking for advice. I own a 2018 Ram 2500 with approximately 64K. I’ve been having an issue with the ABS & traction control light coming on intermittently and loosing cruise control. I’ve read on other sites that it’s a pretty common issue. There’s even been a class action lawsuit filed not long ago. I’m currently in Houston TX and looking for a shop that is familiar with this issue instead of bringing it to a dealer that’s not going to do a true diagnostic troubleshoot.
Is anyone familiar with this issue?
All help is appreciated.
We also own a 2018 Ram 2500. The part needed has been replaced 2X already. We only have 30,000 miles. Our dealer is telling us the part is defective and no replacement until Feb 2024. We have been waiting for resolution for a little over a year now. Spent almost 2 hrs on the phone with the corporate office and got nothing.

Yeldawb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins
We also own a 2018 Ram 2500. The part needed has been replaced 2X already. We only have 30,000 miles. Our dealer is telling us the part is defective and no replacement until Feb 2024. We have been waiting for resolution for a little over a year now. Spent almost 2 hrs on the phone with the corporate office and got nothing.
We have a 2018 Ram 3500 (bought new) and now have 55k miles on it. We replaced the parts the first time @ 53K miles and ours too needs replaced for a second time…..Ugh! What is up with Ram allowing this to go on and on? No ABS, no traction control, no cruise control with chimes and idiot lights!!! I noticed another post where a member recommended a report to NHTSA. What the heck? I suppose that can’t hurt at this point while I WAIT another 6+ months for the parts that WILL fail again…..OMG

MAGRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2018 Ram 2500 4x4 with 6.7L D 92K miles. it has the same issue as many on here. the ABS and Traction control lights come on/off/on/off and dings every time. Cannot use cruise when it does that. So aggravating. I called the dealer, they informed me to just drive it until they stayed on all the time then they may be able to track it down. They didn't even want me to bring it in to check it. They know there is an issue but seems something bad has to happen before it gets fixed. From some notes i see it will be Feb 2024 before any info is released. does ANYONE have an update on this???
Thanks
Michael

Choupique

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
There's lots of threads posted on this issue. It is almost certainly a bad HCU motor contact. You need a new ABS HCU, or you could remove yours and bring it to a shop that specializes in electric motors and alternators and see if they can fix it. The issue is one of the brushes on the motor stuck in its race making intermittent contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357