8 speed auto park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talk2cpu

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Bighorn Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7, RamBox
Is there a way to temporarily disable the 8 speed from automatically going into park when the engine is shut off in neutral? Makes it real inconvenient when you are supposed to shut it off in the car wash. What about the carwash when an attendant puts it into the line? Could create an issue. Also if disabled and need to push it out of traffic.
Tom

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is an emergency release that can be pulled. Above the parking brake. Pop out the little panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins
Never been to a car wash that makes you turn it off. I have just been told to put it in neutral.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ya I just go through the car wash with it in neutral and still running. I never shut it off. Using the by pass for taking it out of park is not a quick easy task. Just leave it running. Oh and have you seen how then ******** kids drive other people's vehicles. Don't let them drive yours.

PostalTwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I never go thru auto car washes of that type. They scour the finish

john94si

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is an emergency release that can be pulled. Above the parking brake. Pop out the little panel.

WHERE? my 8speed tranny locked up one day and would not shift into any gear in a parking lot. I called RAM and they did not know how to override the switch to enter neutral to push the truck at all. I had to power it off for 15 min for the ECU to fully reset before i could move out of the way of traffic.

can you take a pic or where is it in the manual?

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the ones I go through are brushless. So I think it will be ok.

Unless all they use are water wands it cant be truly "brushless". I've seen many car washes that claim to be brushless still have "cloth" type objects rubbing up against the body. To me that may meet the letter of the law but not the intent.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Unless all they use are water wands it cant be truly "brushless". I've seen many car washes that claim to be brushless still have "cloth" type objects rubbing up against the body. To me that may meet the letter of the law but not the intent.

Our brushless or touchless wash spray on the soap and use a bunch of pressure washer nozzles for the cleaning, they work pretty good actually

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
With the quality issues Ibe seen with the paint on these new trucks, I would be weary of the brushless ones even

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
With the quality issues Ibe seen with the paint on these new trucks, I would be weary of the brushless ones even

The one I use is just water. No brushes or straps. And if your afraid your paint is going to get screwed up by water. Then you need to never take it out of a garage.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Thanks for the info. But I am smart enough to tell it's just water no brushes or cloths. I'm looking at your post and just thinking WTF. I said brushless.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for the info. But I am smart enough to tell it's just water no brushes or cloths. I'm looking at your post and just thinking WTF. I said brushless.

Pretty much. The only ones I've ever seen advertised as touchless are essentially a fancy pressure washer.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Not doubting your intellectual prowess, just making the point that I have seen a number of "brushless" carwashes that use some form of material that wipes against the car. its all semantics as to an individuals thoughts on what brushless means. :favorites13:.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not doubting your intellectual prowess, just making the point that I have seen a number of "brushless" carwashes that use some form of material that wipes against the car. its all semantics as to an individuals thoughts on what brushless means. :favorites13:.

that's why most are called touchless now and they are basically a pressure washer. some do have a brush they use on the rims tho so you have to watch for that but in most cases the rim brush is only used in the higher packages anyway

personally i prefer to wash it myself by hand but during winter it's not usually an option so i go through a touchless wash every month or so to get rid of all the salt

DanPop

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't believe the OP couldn't get an answer because you all had to **** on each other about car washes.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I can't believe the OP couldn't get an answer because you all had to **** on each other about car washes.

Go back and read he got a few answers. Told him to leave it running. Your not going to want to do the park bypass for the car wash.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i never tried but can you not turn it off in neutral? there's also a neutral for the transfer case which is supposed to be used for towing so i'd assume it stays in neutral with the engine off

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
i never tried but can you not turn it off in neutral? there's also a neutral for the transfer case which is supposed to be used for towing so i'd assume it stays in neutral with the engine off

That is correct. For the sequence required to put the transfer case in neutral you would be out the other end before you got it shifted.