active level ride height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Not seeing many post about this option?

Is this something that sounds better then it works and can you drive the truck in every setting , even the entry/load settings.
Seems like a easy way to have a 2" lift or a 2" drop if you can drive it in the entry/load setting.

So whats the good and the bad on this.?

Also the R/T I dont see anywhere to order one or what options that come on them , my dealer brochure states you can get the R/T wheels on a Sport but thats all the info I see.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're talking about stock air ride, you can't drive in entry/exit mode over ~15mph. It rides super rough anyways, but is very convenient when loading heavy items in the bed or when hooking up a trailer. As for off road modes they are also speed limited. Off road 2 is ~35 max and off road 1 lowers to normal ride height at 45-50. With this being said you can get different sensor positioners that raise or lower it a bit, but it will change the ride. If you lower or raise an inch or more the bags will be inflated or deflated to where it rides a bit rough. Adjustable air ride.com does offer Adjustable links for $300. You would then need an alignment and accept the ride.
Benefits are it will always be level no matter what the load up to 2000 pounds. One man trailer hitching is very possible with a backup camera. I wanted a black express with 3.92, 8 speed and tow package and mine just happened to have air ride. Very happy with it so far. Makes loading my 130 pound bull mastiff much easier in the bed and no more yelling at the wife or 12 year old with ****** help when hooking up the travel trailer.

Last edited:

RamOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have the air ride option on my 15 Laramie Crew. Do you know of any option to either override the speed limitations or add a small level and maintain the air-suspension features?

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the air ride option on my 15 Laramie Crew. Do you know of any option to either override the speed limitations or add a small level and maintain the air-suspension features?

Yes. I will add links shortly.
http://adjustableairride.com/PDF/ram_raise.pdf
You can swap front to back stock links and it will raise it above off road 2. Rides a little rough but not too bad. Would need an alignment. Toe is bad on front wheels.
http://www.adjustableairride.com/mobile/car.php?id=44
I want to build my own but haven't yet.
Here's a pic with stock links swapped front to back.
picture.php

Last edited:

RamOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Thanks Jerry. Did you do that yourself or have a shop do it? I see you're in Meridian, ID which is in driving distance for me. Does it void the warranty if this is done (I'm assuming yes)?

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Jerry. Did you do that yourself or have a shop do it? I see you're in Meridian, ID which is in driving distance for me. Does it void the warranty if this is done (I'm assuming yes)?

Super simple. Takes like 5 minutes. Literally. It could be swapped back to stock in five minutes if you ever had to take it in. Pm me you're number if you'd like and I can send pics of the links. They just pop off and can be swapped.
I put it back to stock as I just bought 33s. If I had known about this I would have went with 35s and got an alignment and been good to go.

Last edited:

lmeavtitn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Instead of buying the expansive links, just make yourself a set of these. I have only 45 bucks into these.

Fully adjustable and easy to make/use. I made these links to level the front end out. I was able to get just a hair under 2" of level. Does ride a little more rigid but it's not terrible. And, I have full use of the adjustability in the factory air ride system.

Attachments

• 20160113_120238.jpg
    20160113_120238.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 20160113_120342.jpg
    20160113_120342.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 73

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Instead of buying the expansive links, just make yourself a set of these. I have only 45 bucks into these.

Fully adjustable and easy to make/use. I made these links to level the front end out. I was able to get just a hair under 2" of level. Does ride a little more rigid but it's not terrible. And, I have full use of the adjustability in the factory air ride system.

When you go into offroad mode 2 will it still raise the truck? Would this be hard on the airbags lifting that high?

Looks great!

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Did you buys these at Home Depot or a car parts store. Please tell us what parts you used. Thanks.

lmeavtitn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When you go into offroad mode 2 will it still raise the truck? Would this be hard on the airbags lifting that high?

Looks great!

Yea! All suspension modes work as they should! No error messages either.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Sure did not think the raised hieghts would be speed limited which sucks but its looks like there is a way around it.
Think anyone can turn the speed limiters off with a custom tune?

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sure did not think the raised hieghts would be speed limited which sucks but its looks like there is a way around it.
Think anyone can turn the speed limiters off with a custom tune?

The sensor adjustments are a fairly easy way around it. Would be nice if they could just pull a fuse and take the speed limitations away.

lmeavtitn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The sensor adjustments are a fairly easy way around it. Would be nice if they could just pull a fuse and take the speed limitations away.

I heard that there is a way to put your truck in off road mode and pull a fuse and it doesn't automatically lower when you hit certain speeds. The downfall to that is that there's always a "service your air suspension system" message on your dash

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
So is there really any down sides to this system ? Well besides the cost.
Seems like on stock wheels i could run a 33" tire and clear and if I wanted alittle more height I could just ad the longer links.

RamOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Sorry for this as it may be a dumb question, and I'm not very versed in suspension talk. I get the sense that "sensor adjustments" are a way to get around the speed limitations...can you clarify for me how I could do this?

Thanks in advance.

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Basically you replace the stock sensor links with adjustable ones. They allow you to make the links longer or shorter, tricking the computer into thinking the truck is lower than it is and raising it to what it thinks is the normal height. Basically adjusting the links so the truck will sit 2" higher in the normal height setting.