2019 Ram 1500 Limited Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenleighheat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need advice on a level and tire set up!

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 LIMITED with the air ride suspension and all the extras you could ever have on these trucks. I am looking for advice on an affordable and good quality set up for a level kit and wondering what size mud tires I can have with a level without SCRUBBING or cutting anything off to make them fit, would 33s work?? I plan on keeping this truck probably for its entire life as it was my dad's who passed away a couple years back. He searched long and hard for this truck so I would like it to be good quality but also affordable. Also, some good tire recommendations would be helpful (tires are currently 285/45R22). I am leaning towards the Atturo Trail Blade MT, as I have had them before and found them to be decent tires. This would be solely for the look of the truck and not for off roading purposes, and the truck is currently my daily. I attached a picture for reference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU!
Kenleigh

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 21

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive seen several google pics and youtube videos of leveled air ride trucks with as large as 35x12.5/22’s. That size will certainly be pushing it though, especially in lowered/aero mode.

Revel makes a nice little leveling kit for your truck. Havnt read of any issues with it…

Heres a youtube video of one…

Heres a few threads to read up on…

Ashton

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18
Engine
Hemi

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 LIMITED with the air ride suspension and all the extras you could ever have on these trucks. I am looking for advice on an affordable and good quality set up for a level kit and wondering what size mud tires I can have with a level without SCRUBBING or cutting anything off to make them fit, would 33s work?? I plan on keeping this truck probably for its entire life as it was my dad's who passed away a couple years back. He searched long and hard for this truck so I would like it to be good quality but also affordable. Also, some good tire recommendations would be helpful (tires are currently 285/45R22). I am leaning towards the Atturo Trail Blade MT, as I have had them before and found them to be decent tires. This would be solely for the look of the truck and not for off roading purposes, and the truck is currently my daily. I attached a picture for reference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU!
Kenleigh
The stock tire diameter on rams is 33". That being said i've heard most get away with 35's without mods

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The stock tire diameter on rams is 33". That being said i've heard most get away with 35's without mods
The fourth gens that had 20” wheels were, but not the new ones. The 5th gens got smaller tires. The 285/45/22 is a 32”.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you sure you want to mess with the auto leveling? it's tied into so many things on those damn computers. I just touch the handle and it adjusts, or, if i open the tailgate, it lowers. Sometimes, just sitting there it moves. And, other times, when i'm stuck in traffic for a while, i'll raise and lower it just to give the people behind me something to wonder about.

Ashton

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18
Engine
Hemi
The fourth gens that had 20” wheels were, but not the new ones. The 5th gens got smaller tires. The 285/45/22 is a 32”.
Oh interesting i didnt know that. I wonder why they went smaller?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

THANK YOU!
Kenleigh
I would do Mickey Thompson Baja boss for the aggressive look mud tires ruin the ride, and are horrible in wet weather. Suspension wheels and tires should always benefit comfort, looks and be functional. My advice would be to think how long you’re going to keep the truck. Is replacing the air bags with coils on the radar at all (highly recommended) in NC your winter isn’t that bad but air suspension is going to fail not if, when!
If you post pics of trucks you like the look of we can absolutely guide you with exactly what you need/want. I’ve personally laid out a lot of wheel and tire package’s using factory and aftermarket wheels so it’s quite simple to speak from experience. I know it’s a lot to think about but I don’t want you going down a path of throwing money

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
I would do Mickey Thompson Baja boss for the aggressive look mud tires ruin the ride, and are horrible in wet weather. Suspension wheels and tires should always benefit comfort, looks and be functional. My advice would be to think how long you’re going to keep the truck. Is replacing the air bags with coils on the radar at all (highly recommended) in NC your winter isn’t that bad but air suspension is going to fail not if, when!
If you post pics of trucks you like the look of we can absolutely guide you with exactly what you need/want. I’ve personally laid out a lot of wheel and tire package’s using factory and aftermarket wheels so it’s quite simple to speak from experience. I know it’s a lot to think about but I don’t want you going down a path of throwing money
I got my Mickey’s mounted, balanced & alignment done at Quick_Shifter’s shop.
I’m very happy with ride & performance in wet weather.
Quick_Shifter’s experience with our trucks suspension’s & his dedication/obsession with doing the job right the first time is why it’s the only shop I trust with my truck!

Attachments

• IMG_9569.jpeg
    IMG_9569.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 8