Buying Advice: New RAM 1500 Crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NKNetUSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Chevy Blazer (Soon: RAM!)
Engine
4.3L V6
Hey all, I'm in the market for a new Dodge RAM 1500 Crew and was hoping for some of your advice on what to expect in terms of actual sale prices and dealer negotiation (this will be only my 2nd new vehicle).

I've been configuring my RAM online using the Dodge/RAM website, and come up with an MSRP of around $36,000 after $4500 in incentives. What I'm wondering is:

1. How much lower can I expect to be able to negotiate the price with a typical dealer (not counting national incentives - I just want to know how far to push the dealer on top of company incentives)?

2. Do I assume correctly that the national incentives listed online do not come out of the dealer's pocket, so a dealer shouldn't be using these to say "Look how much I've already come down from the MSRP."? I'm guessing it would make sense to first agree with the dealer on what the national incentives are, and then haggle from there re: how much the dealer will cut his margin on the sale, correct?

3. If I can't find the truck I want on a given dealer's lot, should I expect more/less/the same dealer discounts if I have the dealer trade it from another dealership that does, or what about if I factory order it?

4. Any advice on what time of year/what month typically brings the best Dodge/RAM sales and incentives?

Thank you all!

NKNetUSA

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Welcome here bud, they should be able to come off that price prob 2 more grand just depends. What all packages are you looking for and if the dealer is hungry enough he can get whatever you want in from another dealer.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Did you buy a Ram or what?

Sent from my Verizon iPhone
$miley

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
lol digging deep?

I doubt it 1 post and never came back. LOL

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Welcome to the site

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
lol digging deep?

I doubt it 1 post and never came back. LOL

Haha yeah it is funny it seems I find posts I have not read when I switch between the site and using tapatalk and I just cant help but see where I can ask a question or through in my $.02.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone
$miley