My pro's and Cons of the 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanyz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 SPORT
Engine
Nice to hear you like the truck, I also have a 2013 sport fully loaded. Only problems I have it flickering in the dash when on the lowest setting , foging in the head lights. Also I find when listening to music from my iPhone with Bluetooth it skips. Over all happy, already told dealer about my problems they have new head lights coming and are looking into the other stuff for me. Happy new year!

OP
OP
B

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
I also have the flickering issue with the dash lights at low. Seems like a few others have this also.I have noticed a bit of moisture in the headlamps , but no fogging. My Ipod connection is ok I dont have any skipping...

Nice to hear you like the truck, I also have a 2013 sport fully loaded. Only problems I have it flickering in the dash when on the lowest setting , foging in the head lights. Also I find when listening to music from my iPhone with Bluetooth it skips. Over all happy, already told dealer about my problems they have new head lights coming and are looking into the other stuff for me. Happy new year!

dstryr

The one and only
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
boomer, nice review. I'd add that the green headlight indicator is ridiculously bright in contrast to the dimmed down dash cluster backlighting and is very distracting at night. That and the high beam indicators could really be tamed down to make night driving much more pleasurable.

redsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.5 Ecoboost
All this talk about the '13's is making me want to upgrade. I settled when I bought my 09 Laramie and I just found a sport (which is what I wanted in the first place) in black with the hood and every thing else I want for $38,***. Tempting but not sure the wife will approve haha. I'm wondering how this 8spd tranny is going to be and if the 6 is still going to be an option when they release it later this year.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I'm wondering how this 8spd tranny is going to be and if the 6 is still going to be an option when they release it later this year.
I'd be VERY surprised if they offered two auto's, but you should be able to find some A6's on the lots after the A8 is released if you'd like to stick to the A6 after driving the A8. To me, the pro's of the A8 out weigh any of the cons people see in it.

OP
OP
B

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
SO I read in a motor trend article that the 8speed for the Hemi will be available , in the second quarter, and a 1,000 option...

I'd be VERY surprised if they offered two auto's, but you should be able to find some A6's on the lots after the A8 is released if you'd like to stick to the A6 after driving the A8. To me, the pro's of the A8 out weigh any of the cons people see in it.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Cool! Well worth it for me! That's perfect timing too!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Love my 13 Laramie. I don't have any flickering in the cluster...that I know of. I have the air suspension and love it. I think the nav is great and highly functional and user friendly, i too like seeing the directions on the TFT screen. Interior I think is top notch when comparing to other trucks, very comfortable materials and ergonomically friendly.

Only things I have to complain about:

Chrome clad wheels, didn't realize until I got it home, stupid me.

Can't get Uconnect to text back through my iPhone, will read the texts however. Any help here?

On passenger side near the doors there is some metallic fleck in the black paint. Looks great, but is only in an isolated area, I wish it was on the whole truck! Maybe from previous vehicle painted in the line?

Alpine system is fairly unimpressive, bass is descent but overall volume level seems kind of low, even turned all the way up.

redsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.5 Ecoboost

I think I will probably wait for the 8 sped, not a fan of the rotary knob, but I think its a step forward for sure. And depending on what ZF tranny it is could be more durable with extra power thrown at it.