Quad Cab vs Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemipowerv8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Looking to buy a new RAM 1500 Sport 4x4 and on the fence as to which cab to get...

The CC adds 7" interior room to the rear and consequently loses that 7" from the bed...making it a 5'7" bed.
The QC has the normal 6'4" bed that we all know and love as "standard" length.

I have had a 2007 QC Sport 1500 4x4 since buying it new in 07 and love it...plenty of room for my CURRENT needs...but more would be better and I like the floor storage that the CC has...plus within 5 years there could be kids in the picture (and the RAM lol)
BUT
I have a Harley that occasionally gets into the truck bed...and rarely haul anything large...so 98% of the time the CC would be best for more interior room...

Just curious if any CC owners regret it and wish they had that 7" of bed back...
(I know RAM is doing a CC 6'4" bed late this year but that's a LONG truck for parking where I have to)

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I asked a similar question and what I came up with is that a rear facing car seat will NOT fit well in the back of a QC. Also, as a parent of a 2 year and 3 week old, and an owner of 3 motorcycles, the issue with the motorcycle may go away when the kids come. I'm pretty sure I'm selling mine come this spring. I'd rather spend time with my boys and wife than jacking around on a motorcycle.

I thought that later this year they were releasing a 6'4" bed on the CC. Personally, length is an issue with me. As it is, I'll have one inch behind the bumper with the way my garage is setup right now. lol

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a QC and i would not mind having a CC because like chewy said, you get more room. My kids are 6 & 8 and when they sit in there, they don't have much leg room. I'm a little guy, but i do have my seats back a little.

All in all, i definately need the 4 doors, but the little extra space would help, but it's not too bad. I have a couple of years before it becomes a problem.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I talked my dad out of a CC but I'm the youngest at 22 so we for all squeeze into th back like we used too
Honestly it sounds like the crew is the better choice for you an I would invest in a small utility trailer, it saves the hassle of getting the bike into and out of the bed too

I believe a 6'4" bed will be an option with CC sometime this year

mile_high

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a CC. My kids are eight and two. With a car seat, the two year old has just enough room. The small bed is inconvenient but that's what trailers are for. A brand new 18' flat bed costs $2K and turns out to be way more useful that you'd think.

Drew78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ what he said I had a 2007 qc for about 2 yrs and got my 09 cc in march and even though I dont have kids I wont ever be back in a qc for me its pointless I hardly ever haul anything and when I did haul my grizzly in my 07 I still had to have the tailgate down because of the tires and bull horns so I suggest a trailer

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crew all the way for all the reasons above, and I think (don't shoot me) the QC looks awkward/funny proportioned. Unless you routinely haul long loads in the bed in which case this wouldn't even be a question, you'll find a way around everything except interior room which can't change.

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I could trade my truck right now, and have all of my mods switched over easily I'd trade for a crew today!

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my crew cab, sometimes I wish I had gotten the qc so I could put a tool box in the back w/o killing all the space in the bed but that wouldn't be a deal breaker if I were to do it over again

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crew cab definitely. A trailer is always an option for your bike. If you grab a qc and have kids, you'd have no choice but to stuff them in the back uncomfortably. I also think once kids are in the picture, your bike will be the least of your worries.

OP
OP
H

hemipowerv8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Crew cab definitely. A trailer is always an option for your bike. If you grab a qc and have kids, you'd have no choice but to stuff them in the back uncomfortably. I also think once kids are in the picture, your bike will be the least of your worries.

Yeah, in truth the Harley may be on the chopping block anyway so I can afford to get the CC with Sport and 4wd lol. Sad though...have been riding since I was 18 years old...but I barely touch my flat black Night Train anymore and it's a NICE bike that needs to be ridden...2008 with only 10k miles on it...lowered, 6 speed, blacked out, matching forward control pegs and grips, black handlebar, black Vance and Hines pipes, reprogrammed, forced air intake with black cover, digital LED fuel gauge, etc...has it ALL. But just SITS there...

But if the Harley is gone then for SURE 2013 Sport 1500 4wd CC in red...3.92 LSD...tint and I'll spray a Line-X in and get a magnaflow 14" on it and a CAI immediately. Level and 35s a few months later. Programmer as soon as available.

Still leaves ONE question (already have a thread running on this one)...do I wait for the Auto-8 speed or stick with the "6 speed" (it really ISN'T a 6 speed...two 2nd gears is pretty useless to me...I'd rather 6 FULL gears...). Not much is known about the 8 yet...but I don't really like the dial for PRND. Prefer either column gear lever or the sport has the floor one like a car...

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I am a part of a couple of Challenger forums but this is my first RAM forum even though I have owned 3 now for years...

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I know I'm all about the 8 speed... It's the only real reason I'm waiting to order one actually. It's a ZF designed unit and ZF tends to make quality products.

Two of the three... Old pics, but pretty accurate. I rode the Vmax once this past summer and I'm over it... It's either too hot, or I don't have time. I'd rather take the money from selling them and dump it into the car.

Attachments

• Vmax web pic.jpg
    Vmax web pic.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 154
  • SV1000S clay road 11-3-05 #2.jpg
    SV1000S clay road 11-3-05 #2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mega Cab, best of both worlds. But, my next truck will either be a Crew Cab or a Toyota CrewMax. Really don't put anything too big in the back of the truck anymore, that's what the trailer's for. 10x easier to load and unload too.

WhySoSerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Not Yet
Engine
To Be Announced
^^^ what he said I had a 2007 qc for about 2 yrs and got my 09 cc in march and even though I dont have kids I wont ever be back in a qc for me its pointless I hardly ever haul anything and when I did haul my grizzly in my 07 I still had to have the tailgate down because of the tires and bull horns so I suggest a trailer

Good point! A trailor is probably the best option for guys like us who just have an atv or two to haul around once in a while. The CC would be the best bet also, as we probably dont need the extra room in the bed that the QC offers.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
love my crew!

kiddo seats fit very nicely too

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Crew...

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i 100% regret getting the qc, i told myself when i got rid of my 05 qc that i would get a reg cab truck next. of course i didnt listen and now have the little ugly middle child that no one likes. baby seat only fits in the middle seat in the back row. but lil guys feet can reach the center console and he likes to kick the sh*t out of it. extra bed space is nice, iirc i got two yards of mulch in my bed with a over the rail toolbox.

Black Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crew cab all the way! Besides, motorcycles are for riding, not hauling in the back of a truck. '04 V-rod that that doesn't get ridden much any more because of the 4 year old. But his seat fits great in the back!

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Crew cab. Only small kids can ride well in the QC. I have a forward and rearward facing car seat in my CC. Plenty of room. If you can't fit it with the tailgate down and don't want a trailer then look at a 3/4 ton where you can get the CC and a regular bed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990