Rebel X at SEMA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e_thorpe88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the CAI that actually uses the hood scoops is really nice and way overdue

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also read somewhere of an ecoboost in the super duty line up, that was also with the 5.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
When I was racing motorcycles. One of my buddies traded his f150 for the ecoboost when it came out. First time he towed his toy hauler to the track he cursed the truck like crazy. He said a summer of hauling the trailer will kill the fuel economy he got in town so bad that he drove the truck for a couple months and traded it in for the v8. he said he had it pinned and it couldn't maintain highway speed on some of the hills that his v8 would have just motored up.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I was racing motorcycles. One of my buddies traded his f150 for the ecoboost when it came out. First time he towed his toy hauler to the track he cursed the truck like crazy. He said a summer of hauling the trailer will kill the fuel economy he got in town so bad that he drove the truck for a couple months and traded it in for the v8. he said he had it pinned and it couldn't maintain highway speed on some of the hills that his v8 would have just motored up.

I had a 2013 F150 with the ecoboost and I kind of doubt what your buddy said based on my experiences. I would tow a 25 ft travel trailer and a loaded down double axle landscape trailer up very large hills and on the interstate straight into a headwind and the truck hardly acted like anything was being towed. Now, your buddy is definitely correct about the fuel economy, but that has happened with EVERY truck I've towed with.

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I had a 2013 F150 with the ecoboost and I kind of doubt what your buddy said based on my experiences. I would tow a 25 ft travel trailer and a loaded down double axle landscape trailer up very large hills and on the interstate straight into a headwind and the truck hardly acted like anything was being towed. Now, your buddy is definitely correct about the fuel economy, but that has happened with EVERY truck I've towed with.

I never drove it so I can't say for sure. It's just what he stated compared to the v8 he traded in.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Like someone else mentioned, I am not stuck on any one brand, just what gets me the deal I want. With that said, I would rather have a raptor.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
RAM missed the mark big time with the rebel... especially with how it was marketed... but then again maybe they are targeting the wannabe look like a offroader crowd with this truck...

I agree it should have a 6.4L beast and a functional suspension above a stock or "offroad" package ram. If they would actually produce the RAM-Runner in this format I believe they would outsell the raptor, especially with the Rumor I read that the Ecoboost will be the only motor available in the 2016 or may have been the 2017 raptor. but it being a ford I'd rather buy a toyota.. :roflsquared:

Power Wagon perhaps?

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Power wagon and raptor suspensions are 2 completley different styles. Powerwagon is not designed for more speed and long travel that the raptor is more suited for...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like my ram....but the raptor is an out of the box can-o-whoop ass.

And I'm prettttty sure it'd blow the doors off a rebel or pw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007