Hello - 3rd Rebel, this time an HD Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hi, I posted a thread in the Rebel forum but just realized there is an introductory forum. Here is the thread with my honest review and comparisons of the 2500 vs the 1500

This is my 3rd Ram. Went from a ‘19 and ‘21 Rebel with Hemi V8 to a 2024 2500 HD Rebel with 6.7 Cummins diesel.

I’m here to learn more and to share my experiences.

First mod I’m thinking of is swapping to an aftermarket 50/52 gallon fuel tank.
I saw Titan and S&B but it seems like S&B fits a bit better and their customer service was top notch as I literally got a response from them within minutes of contacting. This would be for the once in a while very long trip or for SHTF scenarios (hurricanes/civil unrest/etc). I would have pulled the trigger but my concern is how much lower it hangs than the frame and how i have to remove the fuel tank skid plate. I bought a Rebel for its off road chops and don’t want to compromise that by having an Important part like the fuel tank exposed. Their rep said they run support trucks in the Baja with their tanks and they are fine. He also said there’s a possibility a shop can run “spacers” and still attach the factory skid plate over it. Just not sure if anyone else has done this and if will cause ground clearance issues and hang down. I don’t really off road to be honest. Job sites and such only. But nice to know in a brutal winter or SHTF scenario I have the capability and don’t want to hurt that.

Thanks everyone and look forward to the interactions.

Attachments

• IMG_2736.jpeg
    IMG_2736.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2734.jpeg
    IMG_2734.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2739.jpeg
    IMG_2739.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2738.jpeg
    IMG_2738.jpeg