Service Airbag System?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothjoker75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar V6
any ideas? had this flash on my ram 2017 (Service Airbag System) with only 1000 miles on it , then went off. called the dealership had them check it and had a code come up U0140 Lost Communication With Body Control Module DTC. service guy said to bring it back in if it happens again (the airbag system display.) i called him back 1 hr later concerned on the u0140 code and he said its fine and that on my next service there might be an update for the truck and theres nothing to worry about.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
any ideas? had this flash on my ram 2017 (Service Airbag System) with only 1000 miles on it , then went off. called the dealership had them check it and had a code come up U0140 Lost Communication With Body Control Module DTC. service guy said to bring it back in if it happens again (the airbag system display.) i called him back 1 hr later concerned on the u0140 code and he said its fine and that on my next service there might be an update for the truck and theres nothing to worry about.

I would be worried as the airbag system is a critical, passive safety system.

I would find another dealer to service the vehicle - clearly it was not fixed correctly. The loss of communication means there is a connection somewhere that is not solid.

Ramped

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had that code once, cleared it and never came back. IDK, last time i searched it was not uncommon.

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had it happen 1 time early last month. It's the only time and haven't seen it again yet. 41k on my truck now. I figured it was some electronic hiccup since it hasn't come back on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990