Snow Brush ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRam813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the snow about to fly in WNY, I am looking for a good snow removal device for my Ram. In the past I just used brushes but they have always scratched the hell out of the paint. I want to try and avoid that with the new 16'. I saw one of those poles with a square foam end on it and thought maybe that would be safe?? Ideas pics and links???

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
I have been using one of those foam pushers for years, thing is awesome, haven't noticed a scratch from it either

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have had good luck with the foam pushers as well ! I need to get a new one as my son borrowed mine about 6 years ago :O

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i bought 4 of them that last year at autozone. i have been using the "snow broom" for over 10 years now.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
you could try this method, hit the freeway and @ 70mph all the snow will fly off your truck. Kidding of coarse and the foamies seem like a great idea. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
you could try this method, hit the freeway and @ 70mph all the snow will fly off your truck. Kidding of coarse and the foamies seem like a great idea. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Also ******* on the truck can help as well, BUT beware of the shrinkage factor :O you may end up ******* down your leg :word:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mine is in the garage so no need for snow removal but when i blow off the 2 neighbours driveways I will also blow off any vehicles as well. Leaf blower works great STIHL Magnum 600. As far as peeing on the vehicle one other tip if I may and it's an oldie but a goodie, make sure you **** downwind or you may have a big mess on hands, pants etc etc. Merry Christmas.

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) That's a great idea My Ram is yellow anyway, so yellow snow would look cool

Heh Heh I keep mine in garages too :happy too

Whatever-

:crazy:JIMBO

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the snow about to fly in WNY, I am looking for a good snow removal device for my Ram. In the past I just used brushes but they have always scratched the hell out of the paint. I want to try and avoid that with the new 16'. I saw one of those poles with a square foam end on it and thought maybe that would be safe?? Ideas pics and links???

Sno Brum - Non-Scratching Auto Snow Removal Snow Broom
Dealers have been using them for years.

Attachments

• snow brum.jpg
    snow brum.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 64

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
The foam snow bromb will not scratch you truck... but the dirt that is on you truck and in the snow will do the scratching for it.

There is a good saying in the automotive detailing world. The best way to not scratch your paint is to not toch it. If the snow is light, say an inch i just leave it on the paint and wipe away the windshield. If its a lot of snow the foam bromb works best IMO. Just avoid actually touching the paint. Put the bromb on the snow and if you have a good coat of wax on it a slight push will slide it right off without the bromb actually sinking down into the snow and touching your paint.

You will still get scratches though.

Just what i do and JMO

Last edited:

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I squeezeeeeeee it into the garage with about 2 inches on the front and back. With a black truck (like yours), it shows every damn scratch so I don't let a snow brush touch the paint....brush it off with a half inch left on. I see you have a garage there in your pic. Couldn't you put it in there??

Btw, where in western NY are you? I'm just east of Lockport. I work in downtown Buffalo everyday.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
around here, you can get a ticket for not cleaning off your car/truck.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The foam snow bromb will not scratch you truck... but the dirt that is on you truck and in the snow will do the scratching for it.

There is a good saying in the automotive detailing world. The best way to not scratch your paint is to not toch it. If the snow is light, say an inch i just leave it on the paint and wipe away the windshield. If its a lot if snow the foam bromb works best IMO. Just avoid actually touching the paint. Put the bromb on the snow and if you have a good coat of wax on it a slight push will slide it right off without the bromb actually sinking down into the snow and touching your paint.

You will still get scratches though.

Just what i do and JMO

Haha.....you just beat me to it. I say exactly the same thing.

Reactions: U&A

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
around here, you can get a ticket for not cleaning off your car/truck.

Yeah, I think most places are like that. You can get tickets for a **** load of things people don't realize. Depends on the cop. It's a known fact that cops don't like getting out of thier cars when it's raining or really cold...lol.

OP
OP
JRam813

JRam813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I squeezeeeeeee it into the garage with about 2 inches on the front and back. With a black truck (like yours), it shows every damn scratch so I don't let a snow brush touch the paint....brush it off with a half inch left on. I see you have a garage there in your pic. Couldn't you put it in there??

Btw, where in western NY are you? I'm just east of Lockport. I work in downtown Buffalo everyday.

Hamburg area! I don't really have the room in the garage unfortunately. The snowmobile is in there. I know, bass ackwards...don't laugh to hard..lol

OP
OP
JRam813

JRam813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like the snow broom thingy is the way to go. Thanks fellas!

If it is only a light layer I can just drive and it will blow off, but when we get it by the foot sometimes, that's not an option.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hamburg area! I don't really have the room in the garage unfortunately. The snowmobile is in there. I know, bass ackwards...don't laugh to hard..lol

I leave my $8000 sled outside with a cover on it and put my $42,000 truck (msrp :naughty:) in the dry garage.

LOL

edit. Its a 2 stroke artic cat so it can handle it anyway. You must have a 4 stroke yamaha... LOL