Someone at dealership dented my truck and deleted the video.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is why I have the manager of the service department walk around my truck with me to verify there is no damage done. Saves a lot of headaches in the long run.

Will do that from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Photos/images are always easier when it comes to recovery. Videos can be finicky, even down to the viewer software. I wish I could offer more help...

You can try a viewer software like VLC that can often play broken/corrupted movies. Good luck.

Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN

You've been plenty of help I have a buddy who owns a computer shop I can take it to him tomorrow and have him work his magic

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whoever did this to my truck really F'ed up and I will find them.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
chrism1367

What he said^^^^^^^

Watching it too

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what kind of cam do you have?

1. it will record if the truck is off?
2. where is it placed? if near the mirror with the seats and b-piller in the way, you would get a clean image? yes it will help you if you can see an employee in their uniforms open a car next to yours.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Well I'm going there tomorrow and showing them what I found and that the video is gone. And I'm going to be disgustingly nice. But also tell him. It's obvious someone here did it. You can either do what's right and own up to you mistake and keep my trust. Or I will go to the police I will go to the internet and I will make sure everyone in the mopar club for my area knows not to do business with you. I already have a dentless repair friend who will do it for free but he shouldn't have to fix their mistake they should. So I will try there first. Lucky for me when it comes to the scuffs though I just got my new polisher last week for instances like this.

I thought for sure it was a guy in a suburban that parked way too close to me at the dealer that did it. He had a daughter that got out of the passenger side right by where that dent was. Thought I had him I was thrilled then to my surprise everything was gone

Not trying to be an a$$, but if it was some schmuck in a suburban and his daughter, how would it be the dealerships fault?

If it was one of their car jockeys that did it, for sure I could understand, but you think it might be this other guys daughter that did it?

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not trying to be an a$$, but if it was some schmuck in a suburban and his daughter, how would it be the dealerships fault?

If it was one of their car jockeys that did it, for sure I could understand, but you think it might be this other guys daughter that did it?

Because that guy and his daughter didn't have access to my camera to delete all of my video files only the dealership did

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dang. That sucks, dude. I'm curious as to how this plays out also.

It's good that you took pics of the memory card with files deleted before you tried to recover them. That way you have proof that they were missing. I hope you get it all figured out.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it possible the car that parked next to you caused the damage and didn't report that they did it to the dealer? I have reasonable doubt that a worker for the dealer would have done it and knew there was a camera recording the act and erased the files.

Regardless, I hope you are successful in getting the dealer to take responsibility, but without a smoking gun you may have a difficult journey.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why is this such a big deal. Just talk with the service center, if they dont fix it, have it fixed and move on. Take your business elsewhere. Lifes to short

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Conclusion. Took it to the dealer talked to the same guy I took it into on Saturday he didn't argue bat an eye look at the cameras or ask question he just sent me down the road to their DPR guy and it's being fixed as we speak.

Seems a little fishy to me that he wouldn't even check the cameras, but I don't care it's being fixed. Could have actually been doing it to be nice too and to show they appreciate me as a customer and don't want to lose me. Who knows who cares it's been made right that's all I care about. 8e4bf169d26c08e2a3170f18be7541b2.jpg

And wouldn't you know it the DPR guy drives a ram 40cd2903c0e3814ceb693c8e385bbd9e.jpg

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's a dealership I would gladly give my business to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Agreed. I'm very satisfied. I took the day off thinking it was going to be an ordeal and as it turns out I'll be home before noon

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your camera did activate and they did actively delete the video Id still be mad regardless of them fixing it. I know some cameras will run only when certain criteria are met and maybe the dent wasn't enough to trigger it?

If it was though Id still beat the person who deleted the video almost to death with a small smooth rock even though it was fixed based on principal.