Sounds from behind dash when 1st starting truck after sitting for a day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txgrizzly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
guys,
i am wondering if anyone else has experienced a noise that comes out from behind the dash just to the right of the radio cluster on their 4th gen Ram? i have a 2015 Ram Crew Cab Laramie and it only happens when i first start the truck after its been sitting a while. what is sounds like is something in the AC system is moving (like a air mix door or something) after it initially happens i cant repeat the sound by moving the ac controls to heat or from fresh air to recurc so i am not sure. i would hate to send it in to the dealer and then they couldn't repeat the problem... anyone had this problem and got it fixed?

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turn the truck off and sit in it for 5 minutes or so. It will make those noises again. It's normal.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is off and sleep and deep sleep modes. The air doors will settle to the sleep mode about 5 minutes after the truck is turned off. When you start up, the doors cycle through to calibrate, which is what you may or may not be hearing.

I don't think the 2015 radio has a rotating hard drive, but sometimes these can be noisy on startup.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
guys,
i am wondering if anyone else has experienced a noise that comes out from behind the dash just to the right of the radio cluster on their 4th gen Ram? i have a 2015 Ram Crew Cab Laramie and it only happens when i first start the truck after its been sitting a while. what is sounds like is something in the AC system is moving (like a air mix door or something) after it initially happens i cant repeat the sound by moving the ac controls to heat or from fresh air to recurc so i am not sure. i would hate to send it in to the dealer and then they couldn't repeat the problem... anyone had this problem and got it fixed?

Seems to be a cold start issue. If you mention this to the dealer they will keep your vehicle overnight to make sure they're able to cold start and hopefully duplicate the concern. If you're in need of a rental during apt, please DM me. Thanks - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

OP
OP
T

Txgrizzly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems to be a cold start issue. If you mention this to the dealer they will keep your vehicle overnight to make sure they're able to cold start and hopefully duplicate the concern. If you're in need of a rental during apt, please DM me. Thanks - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Thanks Kevin i will probably take you up on this in the near future...