Strange A/C Problem at Start Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X | Factor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good afternoon everyone. I'm new here and this is my first post. Sorry to say it regards and annoying issue.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi 5.7 4x2

When I start my truck the A/C, Heater, Defrost - it doesn't matter what setting but for the first 20 - 30 seconds it blows, then it slows WAAYYY down for almost exactly 5 min then works normally. This happens EVERY time I start the truck. I can drive it / run it for 5 min, 30 min or hours long road trip but every time I turn it off then back on (either within seconds or just after getting gas or couple hours later) this cycle repeats. I'm beside myself and it's been going on for years it just never bothered me until I moved to the humidity of Atlanta, GA. I'm getting too old to wait in this humidity for it to kick on. :roflsquared:

I'm hoping somebody here has heard of this issue or even dealt with it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would aim at the control head. It could be the fan resistors but Im aiming controller.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is from a member on another forum,

I'd try a quick calibration first, no guarantees, but for the price and 3 minutes of time, it can't hurt. Good luck

HVAC Manual Recalibration below

With the vehicle running set the HVAC blower to low

-Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release.

-Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release.

-The system will perform a brief recalibration and reset faults

OP
OP
X

X | Factor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is from a member on another forum,

I'd try a quick calibration first, no guarantees, but for the price and 3 minutes of time, it can't hurt. Good luck

HVAC Manual Recalibration below

With the vehicle running set the HVAC blower to low

-Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release.

-Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release.

-The system will perform a brief recalibration and reset faults

Thanks for the info. I gave this a try but unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.