Strange Starting problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txramtim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hi all

I own a 2020 3500 Laramie Dually. 24000 miles on it. This morning I went out to drive it. Closed the door, foot on brake, hit the start button. It’s about 50 out and hasn’t driven for about two weeks. Got the message about it warming and to standby for auto start. After the countdown meter went away, I got several messages about service the anti skid brake and trailer brake (no trailer hooked up) and then a loud almost glass cracking sound pop then it went dark. I checked both batteries with a volt meter and both show a 11.9 volts.

Allowed it to sit and same results. All accessories appear to work. AC radio Lights etc. no weird flashing or relay clicking other than the loud single crack sound right after the preheat meter goes down to zero

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Tim

OP
OP
T

Txramtim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thank you for the fast replies. I was under the assumption that 11.9 was still ok and enough to at least turn it over. I will find a battery charger and charge them

Thank you
Tim

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thank you for the fast replies. I was under the assumption that 11.9 was still ok and enough to at least turn it over. I will find a battery charger and charge them

Thank you
Tim

Heat kills batteries fast,and it looks like you live in Texas,you might be due for new batteries as the ones in your 2020 are 4 years old now,which is about the life expectancy of alot of batteries that endure a fair amount of heat