Talk me into/out of Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
$43k on the Rebel ($53.5k MSRP)...I was looking under $40k to make this happen. That's just not gonna get it done on a 2016 for me...not nearly enough of a deal for 2 vehicles at once with the preliminary trade in quotes. We'll end up just waiting a year or two and looking for a real good deal on a Grand Cherokee...maybe I'll check again December 2017 and get us both Christmas gifts haha.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that's not much of a deal at all on a 2016. right now 2017's are being sold at 10 grand off.

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
that's not much of a deal at all on a 2016. right now 2017's are being sold at 10 grand off.
Right...Things are definitely different here in NY but I was expecting much more on a 2016.

For example, I see a dealership in Scottsdale listing $58-59k MSRP 2017 longhorn limiteds for $43k online. I know factory incentives have a lot to do with that and each region is different, but there's no way I'm paying the same price for a 2016 that's $53.5k MSRP.

Honestly if they had a Rebel in inventory at the same discount I'd have him ship it from AZ lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Wow...New factory incentives and rebates just came out on the 17th...Check this out:

Dealership I wanted to swap for the 2016 Rebel now has a near identical 2017 Rebel in their inventory...$53.5k MSRP listed on their website for $45k. If the dealer gave me the same "preferred customer" discount he added to the Cherokee I asked him about, I'm in the $43k range on a 2017. What incentive would anyone have to buy a 2016 at that point if it's the same price? Lol

Ghetto Fab.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS!
Talk to them again. Maybe with the new incentives on the 2017s they will lower the price on the 2016.

Kevin

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Talk to them again. Maybe with the new incentives on the 2017s they will lower the price on the 2016.

Kevin
Probably go right to the dealership that has the 2016 Rebel in stock...Turns out my uncle plays poker with the owner haha (which would have been nice to know when I bought my 2013 in the first place!)

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Spoke directly to the owner...Invoice is $49k and rebates are $6k right now so the $43k was the bottom line on it at this point. He said they're not in desperation mode on 2016s yet and those rebels in particular are only there still because they were supposed to arrive last July and got hung up in delivery.

I basically told him, if they are still on your lot long enough for you to be desperate give me a call haha

The DodgeFather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spoke directly to the owner...Invoice is $49k and rebates are $6k right now so the $43k was the bottom line on it at this point. He said they're not in desperation mode on 2016s yet and those rebels in particular are only there still because they were supposed to arrive last July and got hung up in delivery.

I basically told him, if they are still on your lot long enough for you to be desperate give me a call haha

That's the way to buy I applaud you for staying strong . There is that perfect rebel for you and when the time is right it will be yours .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
That's the way to buy I applaud you for staying strong . There is that perfect rebel for you and when the time is right it will be yours .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir...It's definitely easier when I already have an awesome truck that is still riding nice and under warranty haha.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ran into a similar situation trying to buy a year old new RAM and the dealer wouldn't budge. Seems the incentives are offered on new models not year old inventory. Good move on your part!

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I ran into a similar situation trying to buy a year old new RAM and the dealer wouldn't budge. Seems the incentives are offered on new models not year old inventory. Good move on your part!
It's always good to be in the position of not needing something in a negotiation.

Now, had I already started putting stock parts back on my truck in anticipation of the upgrade? Yes of course, but practical me prevailed this time haha.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hmmmmmmm...back in December I bought my Mopar 16 Rebel. The sticker was $57k and they got down to $45k before trade in. My Mopar 16 rebel is #200 of 500. It was born in August 2016 and arrived to the dealership in September.....I'm assuming that is after those Rebels got to your dealership. Just something to think about.

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Hmmmmmmm...back in December I bought my Mopar 16 Rebel. The sticker was $57k and they got down to $45k before trade in. My Mopar 16 rebel is #200 of 500. It was born in August 2016 and arrived to the dealership in September.....I'm assuming that is after those Rebels got to your dealership. Just something to think about.
The owner said they haven't been on his lot too long because they were supposed to be delivered in July 2016 but we're delayed in shipping a significant amount of time. Not sure ultimately how long that is...Wonder if I can find out how many days it's been in their inventory.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I played my own version of this juggling act last thursday. I'm in sort of a "car club" (not really, just a group of people with summer cars) that meets up for dinners on thursday nights. I have a 13' Sport crew with similar mileage as yours and with all options except sunroof as well. A person who we don't see much showed up in a new red Rebel, parked next to me, and let me check it out.

I was impressed with it and thought it was awesome......... but not awesome enough (or different enough from what I have) to get rid of my Sport with lifetime powertrain thats paid for. If you could snag one for 36K brand new that's a hell of a deal up north but even at that price I don't think I'd budge unless I needed it.

What was the dealer looking to give you on trade for yours if you don't mind me asking? (since mine is pretty much the same but silver)

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I played my own version of this juggling act last thursday. I'm in sort of a "car club" (not really, just a group of people with summer cars) that meets up for dinners on thursday nights. I have a 13' Sport crew with similar mileage as yours and with all options except sunroof as well. A person who we don't see much showed up in a new red Rebel, parked next to me, and let me check it out.

I was impressed with it and thought it was awesome......... but not awesome enough (or different enough from what I have) to get rid of my Sport with lifetime powertrain thats paid for. If you could snag one for 36K brand new that's a hell of a deal up north but even at that price I don't think I'd budge unless I needed it.

What was the dealer looking to give you on trade for yours if you don't mind me asking? (since mine is pretty much the same but silver)
Sight unseen my buddy told me $22,500. I'm sure I can get a little more once he sees the truck and all the options but it's around what I expected.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
rebel needs a few more lugnuts :naughty: :roflsquared:

that pw is sick!

Agree.

The new powerwagon looks badass.....I would pick one without all the decals though. The plain ones look the best IMO....particularly the charcoal color.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sight unseen my buddy told me $22,500. I'm sure I can get a little more once he sees the truck and all the options but it's around what I expected.

That's not too bad for a 4-5 year old truck. I had to SQUEEZE every penny out of them for my sierra denali but I also had 130K on it and it was 5 years old. I think I ended up getting them to give me 17K.

I toy with the idea of seeing whats out there every now and then but it would take a lot for me to pull the trigger.

OP
OP
ss12108

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
That's not too bad for a 4-5 year old truck. I had to SQUEEZE every penny out of them for my sierra denali but I also had 130K on it and it was 5 years old. I think I ended up getting them to give me 17K.

I toy with the idea of seeing whats out there every now and then but it would take a lot for me to pull the trigger.
Definitely. That's why I was able to walk away from the $43k...The only problem is, until I know that this isn't going to happen later this year, I don't want to do anymore mods that aren't easy bolt ons haha.

Schu3507

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I traded in my 2015 Silverdado with 13k for a 2016 grand Cherokee Overland with high altitude package...triple black deal. I then took wifes 2015 200s and traded in on 2017 Ram bighorn....that Ive since lifted and rewheeled....long story short wife got GC and hasn't said booh about mods cause she loves it lol...keep em happy and you will drive happy!!!