Talk me out of a TRX!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What I really enjoyed most was when I opened the door to my own Ram, with the smell of Armor all beeswax leather treatment that I applied. Was able to climb in effortlessly and sit in my own seat. With my own butt imprint, turn on the heated seat as the rainy chilly day was well chilly. And simply drive away with the piece of mind, that my Laramie suits me just fine.
Amen to that. The greatest feeling is when you step in knowing you own it and not a bank. Owning your house is that 10 fold.

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Amen to that. The greatest feeling is when you step in knowing you own it and not a bank. Owning your house is that 10 fold.
Not having a mortgage is at least 10 fold. Financial Freedom is a feeling like none other. It is not easy living in a society with the mentality of “whoever has the most toys wins” attitude.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IF I had the $$$, I'd buy a TRX in a heartbeat. Practicality be damned, I'd drive that beast every day, to work, to the gas station, to Lowe's, to the gas station, to the grocery store, to the gas station, to the local dragstrip, and to the gas station!

There was one about a year ago on a local used car lot, a '21 or '22 with around 18K miles for 'only' 89K. Honestly a great deal, relatively speaking, but me not rich so oh well.
I'm the same as you. If I had the money, I would have a TRX...I would also have some year of a cummins with a built trans, a big tune, bigger injectors and turbo. I did have an 05 like that...it was so much fun and still got 24 mpg highway!!! If rust hadn't started to do its thing to it, I would still have it!!

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
That reminds me of the in-laws new motorhome when they retired yrs ago. A ford class B? with a ford gas V10 in it , BC to Florida a few times. Guess it really pulled good in the mountains, speedo would go up , fuel gauge , you could see it going down at the same time.
The TRX may be cheaper to drive. Way more fun anyway. Old age, a toilet is handy as hell.

That also reminds me of the story , when cruise control was a new thing, old guy got up and had a pee in the motor home and was disappointed after the wreck that it did not also auto steer around the trees

Last edited:

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I'm spending 122k on a vehicle, it sure as **** isn't gonna be a pick-up truck.
Yes! So many options up to 122k.

What would you buy if you had $122k spend? Personal finances aside.

I’m shopping for a Porsche 911 turbo. You?

Edit: never mind. Just googled the price for a 911 turbo. TRX price is reasonable.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could not agree more. We are all providing some opinions, filling in the blanks with assumptions. There is zero logical reason someone needs a 700hp truck. Some of us sure do want one though.
Want vs Need, the timeless question. I WANT a TRX, I do not need, my 2019 Bighorn lowly trimmed optioned truck do what I need, but it sure would be kewl to tool around in a TRX, LOL.

The Kewl, aka FONZ factor,.

ADDED: Now if I won some lottery money, dat is different. Alas, the odds on lottery not in BOIRD's favor, but one can only hope.

OP, really, buy what U want, makes U happy. Your wallet, lmao.

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Want vs Need, the timeless question. I WANT a TRX, I do not need, my 2019 Bighorn lowly trimmed optioned truck do what I need, but it sure would be kewl to tool around in a TRX, LOL.

The Kewl, aka FONZ factor,.

ADDED: Now if I won some lottery money, dat is different. Alas, the odds on lottery not in BOIRD's favor, but one can only hope.

OP, really, buy what U want, makes U happy. Your wallet, lmao.
If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is NOTHING at work but just sit and smile until they fired me. Then I would buy my TRX and take it out west and go big p*i*m*p*'n w/Jay-Z and the boys to see the other side.

Last edited: