Is there a way to keep my bedliner down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
a076c28065e5efd89cf9368eed35c5e9.jpg

Ive had both. For some reason, I like the drop-in liner better?

With the spray in liner, I think I was always just extra careful because I was worried about chipping it (or the item I'm transporting).. With the plastic, I just throw **** back there like it dont matter.. And heavy stuff slides easier..

IMO

from a function stand point, I'm a fan of drop in liners, that's why I still have one.

as for rust, if the utility of a drop in is your cup of tea, with some routine maintenance it may not be a big factor. My last drop in was in for 5 years with no spray liner and all I had was some paint rub not bare metal. I put gravel, concrete products, lumber, several motorcycles, with no issues underneath. I never cleaned it until the day I removed it 5 yrs later when my truck was totaled.

If I were keeping my truck for 10-15 yrs, I'd check under it every few years to clean out the drain holes in the bed.

Royals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How much did it cost you guys that went with Line-X? I've been really thinking about it and would like a rough estimate?

tmletourneau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is what I was just quoted by my local Line-X dealer for my 5' 7" box.

"Prices for a short box truck (5.5ft-6.5ft) start at $549.00 plus tax for the Line-X Standard liner in black. The Standard is by far the most popular choice with customers.

Prices for the Line-X Premium liner start as a $159.00 additional option. The biggest advantage to the Premium is that it is U/V stable so the sun and other elements will not affect the liner as much through the years. Plus it is easier to keep clean. The Premium is the second most popular choice with customers.

Prices for the Line-X Platinum start as a $289.00 additional option. The Platinum is suggested for those customers that put their truck box through extreme use and abuse. Looking at the Premium and the Platinum side by side you would not be able to tell them apart. The chemical composition is the difference.

Prices for the Line-X Xtra start as a $399.00 additional option. These are custom color liners that can be coded to the color of your truck or a different color as an accent. The Xtra liners are suggested for those customers who want to stand out from everybody else, have a show type truck or do not use their truck box to haul very much, especially anything that can be abrasive."

I've decided to go with the BedRug instead as we will be using the truck for camping and my wife likes the idea of padding in the bed.

Tom

OP
OP
H

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anyone have pics of line-x. installed. 2 .would it be counter intuiative to install tonneau cover and also line-x?

Lipcurl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5214f3823d04a2856eabff1d449a651c.jpg

Just got mine done 2 weeks ago.
Standard coating only, black color
My 8' bed cost $515 otd
I thought was a good deal

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Anyone have pics of line-x. installed. 2 .would it be counter intuiative to install tonneau cover and also line-x?

Dont see how it could ever be counter intuitive to have the spray on linner and a roll up tonneau cover. Keeps everything clean and protected (sun and weather) and you can roll it out of the way in seconds for full bed access.

EDIT: I have both

OP
OP
H

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How much should i expect to get out of my liner as is

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
How much should i expect to get out of my liner as is

Honestly, get on Craigslist and poke around a see what people are asking. In my area, maybe $75 - $100 but there are also many ads of people just giving them away for free to get rid of them.

Also, many of the spray in liner shops are selling the used removal ones for way under $100 from customers who just wanted them removed for the spray in liner.

I had one for my Ford Ranger I could not even give away and had to Sawzall it into pieces for trash pickup.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I ended up cutting up my drop in from my last truck too. couldn't give it away.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I saw a pic of one that someone turned into a raised flowerbed and another used it as a kids sand box. just board up the ends and plug the holes.

TADAAA!!:happy107:

your welcome :favorites13:

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
On my last truck i had a drop in and they put a bead of adhesive there. It kept it from buckling like that but it also prevented the water from coming out. It buckled up by the bed rails where it was tucked under so i had to keep trimming it as it "settled". Then it woukd start rattling and making noise. My new truck has a factory spray in and i like it much better, but i do miss being able to slide heavy objects in and out if the bed with the drop in liner.

Id still lean tords a spray in and not have to worry about it. Plus i hear they add value.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
My drop it doesn't move and I hardly ever keep anything back there. Plus I have a bed cover so doubt I will have any problems.

If used the bed of my truck like it should be I would definitely get a liner.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
My drop it doesn't move and I hardly ever keep anything back there. Plus I have a bed cover so doubt I will have any problems.

If used the bed of my truck like it should be I would definitely get a liner.

it can still have moisture problems even if you have a cover and never use it. it 2 different materials laying on each other that heat and cool at vastly different rates/speeds so it WILL get moisture under it regardless.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
it can still have moisture problems even if you have a cover and never use it. it 2 different materials laying on each other that heat and cool at vastly different rates/speeds so it WILL get moisture under it regardless.

Oh I'm pretty sure there's moisture somewhere living here in the south but at the same time it will be 90*+ so doubt any moisture will survive. lol

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Oh I'm pretty sure there's moisture somewhere living here in the south but at the same time it will be 90*+ so doubt any moisture will survive. lol

90 is to much. give me feet of snow instead of that hot ass stuff .

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My new truck has a factory spray in and i like it much better, but i do miss being able to slide heavy objects in and out if the bed with the drop in liner.

If he goes with Line-X a few people already mentioned earlier that damaging it isn't an issue.