Tie Rod Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
i took my truck in for some warranty work and they told me theyre doing tie rods ends per a recall on 4th gen rams......anyone have this problem? they also tried charging me for an alignment afterwards without ok'ing me with the tie rod work because of "aftermarket wheels" which is crap.

SunburstHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had mine done a few month ago didn't cost me a thing. They also did the washer fluid one and the hvac as well. Only problem I have now is the heated mirror on the drivers side is broke.

OP
OP
durango4819

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
i had the hvac one done too. i never get notices i always just get told when i take my truck in.

SunburstHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my truck used, so I went to owners.dodge.com and registered my truck through them. Now I receive the information in the mail. And can also log in and check out services done and if there are any recalls outstanding.

or go to http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.jsp enter last 8 of your vin, and it will pull up any recalls.

Last edited:

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had posted info on the recall a while back. But, I agree it's crap they charged for you for the alignment. Hope you didn't pay for it.

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
wonder if they will still warranty the tie rods if my truck is lowered now?:Grenade:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yup had it done they aligned of course and I paid nothing. Also had bolts on exhaust manifold done. The side black moldings around box all of them replaced. Rims and step tubes. Climate control flash. Torque converter. Pinion seal. Leather seat cover rip issue. All under warranty and no fight from dealer.

$miley

Last edited:

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Checked online, no recalls listed for mine. Maybe this isn't an issue with the '11s.

OP
OP
durango4819

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I had posted info on the recall a while back. But, I agree it's crap they charged for you for the alignment. Hope you didn't pay for it.

Nope didn't pay. Especially since they tried to charge me after taking apart everything without me oking it