Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJPOPP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All,

I have a 2016 Crew Cab Laramie. 45,000 miles on SRA's. I am considering Michelin LTX AT's or BF Goodrich All Terrains.

Any comments from RAM owners?

I also am considering dumping steel wheels. What are everyones thoughts with that and keeping my tire/rim weight closer to original.

Thanks,

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello, I've owned those same Michelins and as long as there is NO snow where you are, you'll be fine. When you say " steel wheels ", I was under the impression that the Laramie came with forged wheels. Can you post a photo/s of your current ones ?

F.O.F

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed the AT2's and lost about 1.5-2 mpg. They sure work good on wet pavement. I'd get rid of those junk SRA's in a heartbeat. Biggest ************* i've ever had on a truck. The pavement doesn't even have to be wet, all there has to be is clouds in the sky and those SRA's hydroplane. Mine had less than 1k before I got rid of them. Will buy the AT2's again.
Jay

rowewor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the AT2's and lost about 1.5-2 mpg. They sure work good on wet pavement. I'd get rid of those junk SRA's in a heartbeat. Biggest ************* i've ever had on a truck. The pavement doesn't even have to be wet, all there has to be is clouds in the sky and those SRA's hydroplane. Mine had less than 1k before I got rid of them. Will buy the AT2's again.
Jay

Same exact thing here. Couldnt even get a couple thousand miles on those. I was just as pissed when I had to go out and spend another grand for tires.

catch 22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
none
My SRA's made it to the FIRST time I drove in the rain. I literally almost got stuck on wet pavement at a stop sign on about a 1° incline, that was at 900 miles. I ordered new wheels and tires the next day. Out of the 2 you listed, I would go with the BFG's.

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
MJ, be aware that big at and bfg at2 are different tires. I have heard nothing but good things about the at2 tires. Toyo is another popular brand you might consider.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had great luck with the Nitto Terra Grapplers. Far better than the junk Goodyears of course!

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express Crew Cab White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed BF Goodrich ko 2"s . What a difference from the stock SRA"s. I constantly had to have the truck in 4x4 even with an inch of snow on the ground. With the ki2"s I was driving through 1 ft of snow without 4 wheel drive engaged . On a down note I've lost about 1.5 mpg but the trade off was worth it to me, plus I love the aggressive look of the tire.