Not right - front tires worn on outside edges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To me your tread wear looks like you may have a teenage son.
At least that’s what my dads tires looked like back in the day….
But even I may have had an issue with spirited driving in a dually

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
This is an excessive toe (factory spec) issue. Nothing a rotation will fix.

Tell your alignment shop you want it set to 0 for the toe. ZERO TOE.
All you four wheeler guys telling him tire rotation, that is not the answer. Breaking down 6 tires to do a conventional tire rotation is a waste of time & money on a dually and is completely unnecessary as long as the alignment is set right. Doing a rotation in this case is a band-aid and still promotes unnecessary tire wear. Fix the problem and get the alignment with toe set straight to 0.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
that's the same wear I have on mine after 28,000. the R/F one worn a lot on the outer 2". when I had it in for a recall last month the service notes suggested front end alignment needed. this must be a factory setup issue as lots of owners are getting the same kind of wear on the R/F tire.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Normally if both outside edges are worn it is under inflation. One outside edge means out of alignment.

I rarely rotate tires but generally get 50-65,000 miles out of quality tires like Toyo or Cooper.

Now that I am older I drive like it. Many people just corner too fast.