Torque converter rattle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have developed a new noise which sounds like its from the front end of the truck. I remember a thread about how the torque converters will rattle and eventually fail, I'm thinking this might be it.

How loud is this converter rattle? The noise I hear is noticeable driving down the road with the windows open if that helps any.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make you fat...

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it an actual recall or will they charge me for it?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make you fat...

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Its a recall, print that off, take it into dealer...be cool, and collective, they ( most) will work with you.

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After reading that, it says it only makes the noise between certain rmps and under load. The noise I hear I hear it all of the time, from 5 mph and up, and it will make it in every gear, as well as in/ out of lockup.

tommyguns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
does it feel like a vibration? or a rattle I have a light vibration in my truck that can not really be heard but felt and I have taken it to the dealer and the tell me they don't hear or feel it, It is very noticeable though.

limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Black Limited 1500
Engine
Hemi
between 30 and 40 mph on a lite pulll i get a shimmie vibration out of the tranny area

OP
OP
bloombloom88

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting feedback guys, as of right now I have no vibration, just the noise. I wouldn't call it a rattle, it sounds more like a clunking noise, everytime I hit a bump I hear it. If I'm on a smooth road it doesn't make any noise.